noodling or log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noodle everything, if I can lift it it goes into the wood burner along witht the noodles. The tractor with the grapple loads it.View attachment 275145View attachment 275146 This is a typical load from the tree base, it was 4 trailer loads for the burnable wood. I know my back won't lift this stuff!! That is my 390 with a 20+" bar on it for reference. Most of the rounds were 44" to 36". I get calls for tree removal all the time, this one was 5' from a garage/house. CJ

Yes I did that one. I was noodling with a 372 and the side cover was clogged up. The saw was idling way fast and the chain was turning. I never applied the chain brake or shut the saw off, I just reached in and pulled out the noodles. I had to set the saw down, hit the stop switch and turn the chain backwards to get my fingers out. Red juice was leaking all over those pretty noodles. LOL
That has to be the dumbest thing that I have ever done with a saw. LOL It could have been worse, I still have my fingers and they work fine.
That was a while back, is your 346 the old edition?

Later
Dan

'05 version...got it brand new off ebay...guy found it in a pallet of misc. he'd bought at an auction and had no idea what it was worth...got it cheap :D
It cut for a few months before you got it.

Latest posts

Back