Northern Tool trailer dolly - a review.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well, I put my Northern trailer dolly together today and got some work out of it. Well, I mean I gave advice while my boys put it together. :D Took 'em about 15 minutes. Wouldn't taken most of us about half that, I'd guess. It's pretty simple. 5 bolts, two cotter pins, and the ball.

This thing is sweet! I needed to move my Huskee 35 ton splitter, and it has been quite a pain to move in the past. I was thinking of making some handles for it to make that job easier. It doesn't help that most of my property is less than concrete smooth, and it's got a slope to it. Not much, but enough to make a difference.

First we moved it about 10 feet to a big round that needed splitting. That was nice. I let my 13 yo boy 'drive' the dolly, and I pushed on the splitter. Worked great. When we were done splitting, we waltzed that think over to the other side of the property in nothing flat, with VERY little effort. Very nice! Forget the handles!

The only thing I would change is to make it a tad taller, but it's okay as is. It would be better it if were 2" taller, I think.

It didn't hurt that I got it for $26.99, shipped. :D It's 50 bucks on the web site, plus shipping. The $26 price is because I joined their discount club, and I get flyers with great deals. Often free shipping. I've more than saved the membership cost. It's worth looking into!

If you find yourself needing to move a splitter, or other trailer type equipment around the yard, look into one of these. It really does the job!

attachment.php

trailer hitch

I joined Northern Tool's Hotwire about 1 1/2 years ago and I'm pleased with it. I just got a hitch for my tractor that allows me to pull my trailer with a clevis pin hitch and my splitter with a 2" ball without changing hitches (about 22 bucks, free shipping)

Latest posts

Back