Northwood Saw????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have placed dozens of orders from NWS and have always had excellent service. The few issues I have had were rectified promptly.

I emailed Sal, and he said they were doing site software upgrades and hope to be back up late this afternoon or tonight.

Did anyone read ModifiedMark's 441 rebuild saga?:msp_confused:

Yes, and knowing Mark as I do, I personally would have replaced the second cylinder without a moments hesitation. I know Mark knows what he is doing as do you, and the precaution he took in beveling the first cylinder was very likely needed, but looking at it from Sal's, POV, he is in business and he has to make his decision whether or not to replace the second cylinder on that basis. It was a cost/benefit analysis for Sal. Whether or not he made the best decision can only be determined by the effect on his business.

I promise you, order from Sal and you will be 99.7% satisfied. Your order will be shipped the same day if you get it in bf 12pm (or later), items are almost always in-stock, and shipping is cheaper and faster than comptetors.

I will also give a big plug to Randy (Watsonr). His business and arrangement seem to be doing the same.

What happened to them? I can't get a hold of them by clicking their banner.

Trying to buy some AM parts?? :hmm3grin2orange:

I've only dealt with them a few times, but I have been very happy with their service. I'm on the East Coast, so the shipping was lightning fast.

I promise you, order from Sal and you will be 99.7% satisfied. Your order will be shipped the same day if you get it in bf 12pm (or later), items are almost always in-stock, and shipping is cheaper and faster than comptetors.

I will also give a big plug to Randy (Watsonr). His business and arrangement seem to be doing the same.

Absolutely. I've ordered a lot of stuff there. Shipping is way faster and half or less the price of another well known sponser. I ordered on a sunday evening and got an email at 8.30 monday morning that it was shipped. Thats good service.

Watsonr is going to be getting some of my business too.:msp_thumbup:

Id order parts from them over other sponsors. The shipping is cheap parts are good and have had a AMAZING expirence from them everytime i have ordered...

I've gotten shipments from them really fast and I'm in Iowa...

I've only had 1 problem with an AM piston and it was replaced for me without hesitation. They even sent me a box to ship the defective piston back in so they could share the problem with the manufacturer. It's hard to find good service, decent prices, and fast shipping all in one. I'll go ahead and say it since no one else will... Bailey's, while they have good prices and a vast selection has shipping that is slow as molasses in winter time. I've learned over the last couple years to order different things from different vendors depending on what you need, when you need it, and what you're willing to pay for it. I'd love to say I order everything from 1 vendor b/c they have the best services, best prices, and best product but lets be real... No singular vendor can do everything for a chainsaw mechanic who works on a dozen different branded saws...

PS: Watsonr (Randy) and Sal are both about the cheapest you can find for a good set of Caber rings. And those who use AM P&C kits and don't replace the rings with Cabers are IDIOTS!

Last edited:
I think Edge&Engine deserves a plug too. They have great service and the prices on some stuff is unbeatable.

Trying to buy some AM parts?? :hmm3grin2orange:

I've only dealt with them a few times, but I have been very happy with their service. I'm on the East Coast, so the shipping was lightning fast.

Yes. It's where I get my Meteor pistons. I need a Stihl bar stud and a decomp plug. This company has served me well, so far.

Yes, and knowing Mark as I do, I personally would have replaced the second cylinder without a moments hesitation. I know Mark knows what he is doing as do you, and the precaution he took in beveling the first cylinder was very likely needed, but looking at it from Sal's, POV, he is in business and he has to make his decision whether or not to replace the second cylinder on that basis. It was a cost/benefit analysis for Sal. Whether or not he made the best decision can only be determined by the effect on his business.

And that decision is why I also would not buy from them again.

I think Edge&Engine deserves a plug too. They have great service and the prices on some stuff is unbeatable.

Yep, recently bought a couple of Walbro K10 HD carb kits for $6.09 each. That was more than 50% cheaper than other vendors. These are the rebuild kits not just the gasket and diaphragm kit. Shipping was like a Jimmy Johns commercial, fast.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back