Not a palm but..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddppm

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't know how you guys in Fla. get used to climbing palms when they're curved so bad and that narrow.
This was an Oak so pretty sturdy but I still had to go slow to keep my balance getting to the top and taking baby steps. This was the first time I ever climbed with pole spikes instead of tree length, they helped alot.

The stumps got ground out. We have all Stihls right now.

nice. good job. did you leavre the stumps that high? what saw? I hope stihl!

the stump you see on the left(high one) is left high like that,because now the climber doesn't need to up there cutting out small pieces with a little saw any longer.
he simply (not always required by often,ties a rope around the top)comes down from the tree and then pull the stump over with a rope.
the stumps are often left last,due to making it easy for cleanup.once the brush is hauled away from the drop zone,otherwise you trap the brush with the log,making it harder to cleanup the brush and or cutting the log.
this is why you often see high trunks until the last part of a job.
p.s. husky makes very nice arborists saws as well as stihl does.(and a few others).i prefer the husky arborist saws myself as they are much more comfortable in the hands imho than stihl's little saw.power isn't everything to look for when being aloft like this.

nice job Todd.
so what did ya think when you dropped the top? nice ride hey.;)

the stump you see on the left(high one) is left high like that,because now the climber doesn't need to up there cutting out small pieces with a little saw any longer.
he simply (not always required by often,ties a rope around the top)comes down from the tree and then pull the stump over with a rope.
the stumps are often left last,due to making it easy for cleanup.once the brush is hauled away from the drop zone,otherwise you trap the brush with the log,making it harder to cleanup the brush and or cutting the log.
this is why you often see high trunks until the last part of a job.
p.s. husky makes very nice arborists saws as well as stihl does.(and a few others).i prefer the husky arborist saws myself as they are much more comfortable in the hands imho than stihl's little saw.power isn't everything to look for when being aloft like this.

nice job Todd.
so what did ya think when you dropped the top? nice ride hey.;)

awesume. thanks for the information. I will have to use this info later.

Arborist summed it up pretty good, that's why you do it like that.
Ride wasn't too bad, I roped out those pieces on the Oak next to this one otherwise it would have been a rodeo.

I nearly crapped myself when I saw the "power lines" on the first photo. Then I saw the second photo and they had vanished! Magic?! Or maybe a mark on the image.....

They sure bounce around a lot when they are that tall and skinny don't they! :cheers:

I had a trio of lines to work through there. We only roped the two top pieces and a couple higher pieces of the trunk.

Yes it was a pretty easy job but I haven't been climbing much the last few years( as in barely a couple times a year) as I've been letting my guys do everything. Back in the saddle for now though. Got to say I am missing it.

Latest posts

Back