not really chainsaw... but it does have a motor....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmc2003

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
and i wasn't sure where to post this either, but i'm hopin for a little insight. i just purchased a new to me scag 48 inch walk behind mower and a two wheel velky. i was wondering if anyone has any opinions on two versus one wheel? i'm wishin i would have went with a one wheel from what little i've used it. seems like it would have been smoother. any input? also, anybody got any tips for me? i'm new to this type mower. got a good deal and it supplements monthly income a lot. already lined up four yards todo

not really. its a small platform with a go cart size tire on either side. looks good but with two wheels one is always falling in a hole and seems like your always beating and banging around a lot. two wheels seems like two chances to hit a bump, instead of just one center wheel.

i'll agree on the exercise! i walked for a while yesterday in third gear and dang! it keeps you steady. you can't slow down when you get tired like just walking laps. cause it just keeps dragging you.

I've owned several of both two and one wheeled velkies/sulkys....
lets just say all I own now is one wheeled velkies/sulkys. One wheeled ones are alot smoother and less tiresome to be on....i
I also have all scag mowers myself...ztr's and w/b's.....is yours hydro or belt driven?

belt. 48 inch. 05 model i think. i feel i got a good deal. has very light use and got it for half off a new one. serviced and ready to cut. 15 horse twin kawasaki. thats my favorite part. its powerful and quiet. and sips gas too.

Back