Now I'm worried about my electric bill...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
...this summer for running the A/C.

Hardly burned any wood last three days as I was leaving the house at 7am and getting back between 8 and 9pm from a training class I was taking near Boston.

Light one fire in the evening, load it before bed...and that was it.

Plus 45º+ days in February! And the extended forecast is yet more 40+ days, mid 20s by night. I'm not sure I ever broke single digits, darn sure never got near 0º.

Hope the heat breaks before summer!

Financial downside of the class was driving a rental car for the last few days since I didn't trust or wanted to drive my Ranger with 226,000 miles, a stick shift that has a screaming bearing in odd-numbered gears, a window that doesn't roll down to pay tolls, a broken driver's seat back kept propped up by boxes, and baling wire holding the tailpipe together 80 miles into the Boston suburbs each day (hour to drive the first 70 miles, forty minutes for the last 10)...well, it made driving fun again. And the Impala I was driving got darn near twice the MPG.

That's a bad thing because I'm seriously starting to look at used Ford Fusion SELs ... Enterprise-Rent-A-Car has some for sale in the area now loaded (leather seats, moon roof, yadda yadda) with mileage in the low 30s and priced around $16,000 which seems like a big bang for the buck. That would let me have a nice car for out-of-town trips and the Ranger can do firewood and dump runs for a few more years just fine.

Latest posts

Back