now this is a BIG tree!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
bigtree.jpg

That log is worth some serious $$$$$. The sweet slab wood in that root ball $$$$$. I wish we had trees like that here.

I wanna believe it, I really do....

But it looks so out of place...weird...

yup, sorry but thats photo shopped. if you look at real driftwood, the bigger it is the bigger the pit it makes around it in the sand. i don't buy it.

I think the tree and beach look normal, but the guy has been photoshopped into it. The contrast on him seems different than the rest of the pic.

I am no photo expert.. but was looking to see if any difference in any shadows..

But .. even the tree.. if it is a big as this shows then where the heck is it. I am assuming that is the ocean somewhere. So how high would that tide need to get to float that in as far as it did.. also depends on how long the wood was in water, how dense it was, etc. But if that floated in, and is as big as it looks, there must have been a whole lot of other stuff under water..

http://nathanabels.blogspot.com/2010/08/la-push-beached-tree.html
Via the Telegraph UK: "This huge piece of driftwood washed up on the beach at La Push, a small community in Clallam County, Washington. La Push, surrounded by the lush forest of the Olympic National Park, is located on the northwest coast of Washington's most westerly peninsula, at the mouth of the Quillayute River. The tree is a Sequoia Semper Virens, or Costal Redwood, only grown in Monterey, California. It would have travelled hundreds of miles before being washed up on the beach at La Push."

Last edited:
"minutiae" by Nathan Abels: La Push Beached Tree
Via the Telegraph UK: "This huge piece of driftwood washed up on the beach at La Push, a small community in Clallam County, Washington. La Push, surrounded by the lush forest of the Olympic National Park, is located on the northwest coast of Washington's most westerly peninsula, at the mouth of the Quillayute River. The tree is a Sequoia Semper Virens, or Costal Redwood, only grown in Monterey, California. It would have travelled hundreds of miles before being washed up on the beach at La Push."

Here is another one, showing who photographer was, etc..

Driftwood at La Push, Washington - Earth Science Picture of the Day

It does appear to be legit.

Here is another picture of same area, without driftwood.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11912525

Back