Nozzle for bar oil jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will pay duty coming back unto the US. US Border Patrol collects.
I believe what you are saying but that is odd. They charge you a duty to drive it across the border but not ship it across the border. Is it the same going into Canada? I have known guys to have their saws and parts sent to a US address that they can go and pick them up from then drive in Canada. I just assumed that was to avoid duties.

Also I wonder how it works when all the semi loads of hogs come from Canada to the US. That was killing the US hog market years back. This duty crap is ridiculous. What hell was NAFTA supposed to fix

I believe what you are saying but that is odd. They charge you a duty to drive it across the border but not ship it across the border. Is it the same going into Canada? I have known guys to have their saws and parts sent to a US address that they can go and pick them up from then drive in Canada. I just assumed that was to avoid duties.
There is a 300 dollar exemption IIRC for personal use. The problem with that is 6 of the same item will make them assume your going to resell so they charge duty. And like said that particular border crossing was full of azz holes when Inwas crossing it on a regular basis.
When you send a saw to Canada you have to fill out a customs declaration form. If you put on it "service, repair and return" they won't charge your duty.

Or just punch one hole and squeeze out the oil like a ketchup bottle.

(Can I use a sharpened 3H or 4H pencil?)

Works perfectly. Also stops the flow the instant the 'squeeze' is stopped.

I usually make the hole with a chain tool.

I've been doing exactly this for decades.

I took a look but did not see anything. I am sure they are there but the Walmart search function is very poor. They will be here in 90 minutes delivering some fuses for my boiler so I figured I would see if I could tack on a few other things. Not a problem....Wal Mart is here every other day, if not every day.:) I do not like them but Menards and Farm and Fleet have horrible delivery policies so Wal Mart it is
Search is very poor and price gouging like Amazon. Unless you type exactly what is shown on pic something more expensive comes up. Some stores have the yellow and some the red.

“ hyper tough transmisson spout” red
If I search for the “ hyper tough gear oil spout” it doesn’t come up but on my Walmart app that’s what comes up when I scan what I bought.

Attachments

• 277AF6F2-AAC2-4387-ABD5-0412C5CDC26F.jpeg
    277AF6F2-AAC2-4387-ABD5-0412C5CDC26F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • D3AC4085-2EF5-4BB3-A6A6-E9A5077BCFB4.jpeg
    D3AC4085-2EF5-4BB3-A6A6-E9A5077BCFB4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • E0E07F48-A48C-4E89-8455-2B9B10526AB2.png
    E0E07F48-A48C-4E89-8455-2B9B10526AB2.png
    172.1 KB · Views: 0
  • E5D9F682-7255-47AC-BDD9-61175174F250.png
    E5D9F682-7255-47AC-BDD9-61175174F250.png
    165 KB · Views: 0
  • 22AC76B9-AE22-42A5-8993-DAF5AB7EF55E.jpeg
    22AC76B9-AE22-42A5-8993-DAF5AB7EF55E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 34DEBC06-FE30-48B4-B6B7-40B80B64C9ED.jpeg
    34DEBC06-FE30-48B4-B6B7-40B80B64C9ED.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
You will pay duty coming back unto the US. US Border Patrol collects.
It's us customs not boarder patrol.
Shipping things from out of country makes you an "importer". There is a dollar amount for different items that they won't charge you duty/terrif on. It's not much. The paying the man for legal fees, is a shipping broker. They handle the fees/duty for you. Honestly it's been a while since I got stuff shipped from Canada, but it was hung up in customs for over a month (came over on the east coast. Sat in NY.) All the boxes were torn open, with a letter in one of them saying they were "inspected" and quarantined, in accordance to whatever bs law they sited. Didn't matter I had my stuff. Really wasn't worth the hassle imo.

Search is very poor and price gouging like Amazon. Search transmission spout. It’s literally more than double ordering it. When it’s in the store but doesn’t show up.
Thanks for the info. I would have never thought to call them that. The reason they appear to be twice as much online on the WalMart site is because you are seeing the ones sold by a third party seller. They are on the site for delivery from the store at $4.34. WalMart tends to hide that but it is there

Shipping things from out of country makes you an "importer". There is a dollar amount for different items that they won't charge you duty/terrif on. It's not much. The paying the man for legal fees, is a shipping broker. They handle the fees/duty for you. Honestly it's been a while since I got stuff shipped from Canada, but it was hung up in customs for over a month (came over on the east coast. Sat in NY.) All the boxes were torn open, with a letter in one of them saying they were "inspected" and quarantined, in accordance to whatever bs law they sited. Didn't matter I had my stuff. Really wasn't worth the hassle imo.
I really do not get it. I have bought hundreds of saws and parts from Canada, most from BC and I have never paid a penny in duties. I have bought from every continent except the cold one and never paid a penny in duties. I know that are duties leaving the USA but coming into the USA it seems odd there is a duty.

I really do not get it. I have bought hundreds of saws and parts from Canada, most from BC and I have never paid a penny in duties. I have bought from every continent except the cold one and never paid a penny in duties. I know that are duties leaving the USA but coming into the USA it seems odd there is a duty.
Because the shipper fudged on the customs declaration form in the manner I suggested earlier.
Duty is payed in the country the good are landing in.

Customs and border patrol are the same agency, just different branches I believe. But your right technically it's Customs and Border Protection that mans the border crossings.
Their is an exemption for personal good that was around $300 IIRC. That goes out the window when you have 6 of the same item, because they immediately assume your a reseller.

Because the shipper fudged on the customs declaration form in the manner I suggested earlier.
Duty is payed in the country the good are landing in.
So are you saying if I buy a new Husky 3120 from a dealer in Canada and he ships it to me in the USA I will pay a duty?

If he is honest on the declaration absolutely.
Well with all due respect I have been buying saws and equipment all over the globe for many years and never paid a penny in duty. Some were very high end items. I do realize the saws and equipment I have sent out to other continents resulted in the receiver paying a duty but that is on their government not the USA.

Has any other US resident paid a duty on saws/parts/equipment shipped to them in the USA sent from Canada? If so who did you pay it to?

Well with all due respect I have been buying saws and equipment all over the globe for many years and never paid a penny in duty. Some were very high end items. I do realize the saws and equipment I have sent out to other continents resulted in the receiver paying a duty but that is on their government not the USA.

Has any other US resident paid a duty on saws/parts/equipment shipped to them in the USA sent from Canada? If so who did you pay it to?
For 6 years I owned and operated a business in Canada about 3 hours north of International Falls. I imported good both into Canada and into the US at this time and always paid duty.
I could have got around some of it by lieing, but the Canadian equivalent of the IRS takes care of duties and as an American doing business in Canada I had no desire to get them on my tail.

Anyone seen these or know where something similar could be found. This is probably over 5 years old and the guy can’t remember where he bought it. It has a twist lock to keep oil from flowing when tipped. It was probably not made for oil jugs and he thought that there may have been a hose attached to the tip.

I thought it was gimmicky when I first started helping, now I think it’s pretty sweet and sad that it’s inner fitting is damaged and now worthless.
I have two of them, the only marking on them says "spill saver" Lots of price gouging on EBay/Amazon. Says they are in stock at out local Auto Zone:
https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-g...ransmission-fluid-and-gear-oil-spout/2366_0_0

For 6 years I owned and operated a business in Canada about 3 hours north of International Falls. I imported good both into Canada and into the US at this time and always paid duty.
I could have got around some of it by lieing, but the Canadian equivalent of the IRS takes care of duties and as an American doing business in Canada I had no desire to get them on my tail.
Well I have been buying and selling equipment all over the globe a wee bit more than 6 years:) I have never paid a duty on any item, of any any value, sent here, from any country. You apparently have had a different experience...........not sure why but heck who knows..........

If they are telling the truth, then yes. All the laws are written for you to read Bill. There is a certain amount of personal goods you can ship, but pretty much after that your gonna pay. Doesn't matter if it's from Canada or Russia.

Latest posts

Back