Nozzle for bar oil jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mentioned Scepter, I am still looking for someone close to the Canada border who can run across and bring back some Scepter 2 in 1 cans. Some fine folks in Canada have offered to ship them nut the shipping from Canada is really high.

On the topic of the bar oil spouts Menards will ship but they are really high. They even charge you for drive through pickup. I like them but their business policies of late are horrible.
have you looked on amazon for those cans? I just bought a oregon 2 in 1 can from the UK for 34$ but i got free international shipping and no import fees it seems.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R8F5JIS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AP3VA1GJZM3EQ&psc=1

OCD is alive and well here! Just punch a small damn hole on the aluminum seal and squeeze it out . Works fine why over think it.

That's just crazy talk!

Anybody who knows ANYTHING about chainsaws knows you need to do 38 hours of Internet research and review-reading to pick out the best, most durable, highest-rated foil-seal hole-punching tool, then spend another 22 hours researching the best source and lowest price, then do a quick 90-minute search for the best current coupon/promo codes, then figure out how to get it past CBP with a minimum of fees...

This isn't kiddie stuff!

Gotta love Internet discussion forums at this time of year, they're all like Red Bull Night down at the local nursing home, with old biddies beating the crap out of each other with their purses and walkers...come on spring!

Can you fit the shipper, broker, customs guy, buyer and seller through the hole you poke in the foil on the bar oil jug?
Who's on second now..

The exporter does have to fill out a customs declaration. At least between the US and Canada as I have done so when I shipped saws to Ed Heard back in the day.
If you owe a duty the shipper has to pay the shipping company I believe.
If you just send it with no declaration form your begging for it to be seized or at the least detained in customs.
I as the exporter "export" saws, tools and parts very often and the customs declaration is a simple form that you must apply to the crate in triplicate and enclose in a window envelope. I just did one tonight. I as the shipper/exporter are not obligated to pay any duty nor fee above the shipping fee. Once the receiver "importer" receives the crate they may or not pay a fee/duty depending on their import regulations. My simple question is still the same. I ask who are US residents physically handing money to when you receive an crate from a country outside the USA. If you are paying a duty I assume you know who you are physically handing it to.

The broker worked through DHL. The parts shipped, I got a call letting me know what to expect. Got an invoice, called the broker back and paid him over the phone with my credit card. how it was explained to me, is DHL paid the fees to customs, the broker is the guy that handled the logistics and I paid DHL/ the broker for the import fees and the broker fee.
If you got parts shipped to you and a "broker" asked for payment on a duty with all due respect you might want to stay away from ocean front property in Arizona.....You got took for a ride

It's been a while since I've been across the border into Canada so it may have changed, but US Customs ALWAYS asked "Do you have anything to declare?" looking for anything you purchased in Canada that they could charge a duty on.

I've gotten orders directly from a hobby supplier in China and the declaration form on the package was always marked "gift" even though it was something I bought and paid for with my own money. Without fail, for years until they opened a warehouse in the US.

So maybe you've just been lucky and never bought anything that required a duty, OR everyone that sent you stuff from overseas lied and marked the declaration form as "gift."
I have never physically crossed the border of any country so I have never dealt with customs/border patrol and never will but I sure as heck ship items out weekly and get them in weekly. The items sent out of the USA will result in a duty in the destination country. The items sent here to the USA do not. As I have asked many times if they do then who are you physically handing the money to? When the crate shows up are you giving the driver money?

Whats the trick to unwinding 120 feet of climbing line without any tangles? Anyone?
I will say I have a ton of respect for folks that make a living with their climbing skills and a rope. They are true men/women. I have some gaffs but I sure am not climbing a tree at my age. I debated on a tree today that I wanted to remove. The only real issue was 10" dia limb. I pondered alternatives to save the tree but in the end just put it on the ground. I was honestly pleased as when I did I found the heart wood had a big hollow area so she was doomed anyway.

I as the exporter "export" saws, tools and parts very often and the customs declaration is a simple form that you must apply to the crate in triplicate and enclose in a window envelope. I just did one tonight. I as the shipper/exporter are not obligated to pay any duty nor fee above the shipping fee. Once the receiver "importer" receives the crate they may or not pay a fee/duty depending on their import regulations. My simple question is still the same. I ask who are US residents physically handing money to when you receive an crate from a country outside the USA. If you are paying a duty I assume you know who you are physically handing it to.
The government.

If you got parts shipped to you and a "broker" asked for payment on a duty with all due respect you might want to stay away from ocean front property in Arizona.....You got took for a ride
Bill I've tried my best to explain how I've imported stuff, I'm sorry you can't accept the facts. Using a broker to import is way less hassle in many cases then dealing with it yourself. I wasn't taken for a ride or any other such non-sense you dreamed up. It was all prearranged through DHL. It was simple, I paid the import duty, paid a small fee for the brokers services and moved on with life. It's hard to mark a 50+ saw parts lot as a gift or declare it to have zero value. If customs want they can just hold you products as long as they want, and often do. Thats where the broker steps in. He/she deals with the bs so I don't have to.

Back