Nozzle for bar oil jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found these at Walmart in the boating parts section. I use them on most everything.
View attachment 1060092View attachment 1060093
My new can is made like that. I filled in for a climber getting knee replacement a few years back for three or four months. One guy on that crew dropped a tree on my gas can of 22 years. He replaced it with this push button can from Septer or something like that. My old can had the flex spout or the straight one with a cap right onto the end attached with a bit of plastic made like that and a standard vent cap that screws on. I have one left tucked away but I'm not sure anyone is ever going near it 😅

My **** was my **** and I liked my **** for decades. Now it is not replaceable, EPA, ****.

My new can is made like that. I filled in for a climber getting knee replacement a few years back for three or four months. One guy on that crew dropped a tree on my gas can of 22 years. He replaced it with this push button can from Septer or something like that. My old can had the flex spout or the straight one with a cap right onto the end attached with a bit of plastic made like that and a standard vent cap that screws on. I have one left tucked away but I'm not sure anyone is ever going near it 😅

My **** was my **** and I liked my **** for decades. Now it is not replaceable, EPA, ****.
You mentioned Scepter, I am still looking for someone close to the Canada border who can run across and bring back some Scepter 2 in 1 cans. Some fine folks in Canada have offered to ship them nut the shipping from Canada is really high.

On the topic of the bar oil spouts Menards will ship but they are really high. They even charge you for drive through pickup. I like them but their business policies of late are horrible.

To eliminate a mess use a sharpened number 2 pencil to poke two holes in the foil cover of your bar oil jug. One acts as a vent and the other dispenses the oil.
Or just punch one hole and squeeze out the oil like a ketchup bottle.

(Can I use a sharpened 3H or 4H pencil?)

Gear oil jug in a milk crate for me. Old logger showed me the built in sucker outer. If I had to hike in probably one of those combi cans.

To eliminate a mess use a sharpened number 2 pencil to poke two holes in the foil cover of your bar oil jug. One acts as a vent and the other dispenses the oil.
Till you said that tip my dad last year was the only other person to say something like that. So helpful. He uses his scrench and makes a line. I will try the holes. After the jug gets emptied it’s not as critical to do this. Thanks for the great tip.

Switch to honey bottles or large ketchup bottles. Clear, squirts a thin stream and no drips. The clear jugs are best imo. Still have my Ante Jemmima for filling the mill. No check in that cap so it goes faster.
Hopefully you left the label with her picture, instead of what the culture does and removes all diversity.

I was thinking a #2 pencil is awfully specific, this isn't a school test.
I bet a 16d or 12d nail or -- watch out fellas, I'm gettin
DramaLlama.gif
crazy now -- a #10 slotted screwdriver would work in an emergency...

Hell, if I wanted to go COMPLETELY off the reservation, I bet I could get away with using a sharpened twig of spruce or even hemlock! :rock:

Found these at Walmart in the boating parts section. I use them on most everything.
View attachment 1060092View attachment 1060093
I like this better than what I use -- pour the oil from the gallon jug into an empty 24-oz. maple syrup bottle. Dispense the oil into the saw with that smaller bottle. Refill as needed.

A small air hole punctured into the top of the 1-gallon jug makes it much easier to pour when full.

Or just punch one hole and squeeze out the oil like a ketchup bottle.

(Can I use a sharpened 3H or 4H pencil?)
You can use anything you want to punch the hole. I just mentioned a pencil because it's about the right size.
Two holes work better than one because the second acts as a vent.

You mentioned Scepter, I am still looking for someone close to the Canada border who can run across and bring back some Scepter 2 in 1 cans. Some fine folks in Canada have offered to ship them nut the shipping from Canada is really high.

On the topic of the bar oil spouts Menards will ship but they are really high. They even charge you for drive through pickup. I like them but their business policies of late are horrible.
@Bill G Amazon has them for $64 with free shipping or eBay for $59.

Latest posts

Back