O.K., pics of my free wood -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Van

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Delivered too! For FREE - Actually, it was a trade, I traded a 24" planer for the load, but I'd got the planer for free in December, so .......I guess the load of logs was too.
chip.jpg

I hope it's all hardwood! A 24" planer is worth a bunch more than one load of wood if it was in decent shape.
Looks like a good 7 or 8 cord there though!

All hardwood, probably 6 or 8 nice oak logs for my mill on there too. Oh, the planer story - Friend calls up, asked if I was interested in some machines, free he said, they gotta be out by new years, or the guys gotta pay rent again - So, free, hey, I'm there - The planer was 3 phase, 24" made by L. Power & Co., I'm guessing in the 30's, 4 knife, ball bearing, and about 2500 lbs. Solid cast iron. I've got a nice SCMI 20" one, otherwise I would have kept it. When I got there to pick it up, he pushed the start button, ran like a Swiss watch - I also got a 16" Colladay joiner, and a Rockwell 10' strokesander that I cut up for the parts in it. You know that old saying...."If it's free, it's for me":)

Good score considering the planer was free! I'm gonna call that 5 full cord of free wood:cheers:

nice!

I love barting for things! I traded some stuff for wood before...speaking of should see if their is another load available for this weekend...:)

Stew

Mike,

good score on the wood. Looks like a typical NW CT load. Couple of pcs of birch and the rest the best hardwoods.

Boy I would love to run into free machinery. Never had such luck. Cheap machinery, ya, but free, no.

Latest posts

Back