O/T, Got a Headache

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm a fourth generation (Retired) Licensed Maryland Tree Expert. Once in a blue moon I'll check out the tree care 101 forum. There are always some good questions and good answers. But, there is always one that will give me a headache and chase me away for 3 or 4 months. I might not be back for a year. Someone posted a picture of a triple Oak. The leads looked to be about 18 to 20 inches. You could see when they were seedlings they were probably a couple feet apart and grew together as they got bigger. Now, they have split apart, and all 3 leads a have a significant lean. The general opinion was too dangerous to try to save. Except one, who called every one else a hack. Now, I've got 4 generations of pride, all those years studying at the University of Md, all the time spent at St Johns University in Annapolis. I don't know why I let myself get baited into an argument, "On The Internet". There was defiantly a place on AS for those 3 Oak Trees, here on the milling forum, or next door on the firewood forum, Joe.

Ha ha! I thought I was the only one that happened to. I get so annoyed at some of the conversations that go on over there. I know it isn't everyone, but a few of the regulars tend to be a little dramatic.

That's why I spend all of my time with you good ol' boys on the milling and firewood forum and occassionally down to the chainsaw forum for some good advice... even though most of those guys are too smart for me, I just pretend to understand what they are talking about... coils, jugs, squishes and what not.

A lot of folks on AS have that "my way or the highway" mentality. I just tend to ignore them. :msp_biggrin:

Back