Oak & Hickory

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
One pile 'bout done.
HPIM3710.jpg

A few more to go.
HPIM3707.jpg

3 year old logs if memory serves but you would be surprised at how green it still is. The end rounds aren't to bad but the rounds cut from closer to center need a couple months after being split.

I'm reading this post with my 3-year-old son. Seeing the pic of the log pile, he exclaimed, "Dada, THAT's a lot of wood."
Your son knows what he is talking about. Looks like he's learnin' a lot from his Dad.

If that is truly oak and hickory, there is enough wood there to heat a couple of houses for a couple of years. And, WoodBooga and I could split it all by hand. :cheers:

I'm still young and dumb... I would give it hell to split it all by hand. and if it is fairly knot free it would just be time consuming, less on the energy part. (Catcha cold day and watch em bust)

Great stress reliever.

99% of this stuff is oak & hickory. The balance is beech with a popular here & there.

I was blessed with a chance yesterday to work at my own lot. Had a few sticks there to cut.
HPIM3722.jpg

A few hours later:
HPIM3724.jpg

Looks like some beautiful country. I've never been to WV but my folks just moved there (they've always lived in the West too).

KRS

Here's my start for next year... for frame of reference, those phone poles are 9' long. I also have a rick 4'x18' stacked behind the barn. I'd be cutting today but it's pissing rain and where I cut will be a mud hole. No good with the street tires on my truck. I'm just sitting here staring at the place on the wall where the insert will be this time next year.. LOL

attachment.php

Ian

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back