• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy OEM 288xp cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbilz

laying wood
Reaction score
I am looking for a good OEM Husky 288xp cylinder. I have a 281xp that I would like to put a 288xp top end on. Decomp is not an issue. I am young enough and can handle a non-decomp saw that size. Thanks, Taron

Not sure. Haven't pulled the jug. It is a non-decomp jug though if that helps. 1986 vintage according to the ID tag.

I'm thinking you won't notice much power difference if any unless you put a stop watch on them. The 281 ran good as is.

Well, then it sounds like I will keep the good 281xp as is then. I have another straight-gased 281xp with a fried cylinder. Sounds like it would be the better fit for the 288 top end. Still in the market for one.

I've got a hankering to build a cookie cutter out of a 181/281. I got a dealer to go check out soon and maybe there's a good 288 cylinder in that stuff.

I'm looking for a gas tank for a 181 if anyone has one that they would like to part with. Somehow my rear handle is broke and would like to get saw back going again

Back