OEM in a counterfeit world?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy folks. Been a long time since I've participated here. Glad the forum is still around.
I was looking up Stihl seal pullers, having bought one a couple of years ago on the big auction site. Now I see the Chicom brigade has duplicated the OEM, and they look very similar the one I have. My question is, how can I tell if what I have is the Stihl one? Mine has six pairs of jaws, but only a couple of them have the characteristic logo mark of S in a square. The jaws are marked 1, 2, 3.1, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I think I remember mine coming in the orange and clear OEM bag. The reason I ask, is I am beginning to divest myself of CAD, and knowing how to price this counts, as there is quite a price difference. Hope everyone is well. These are strange times indeed. (We moved across the country last year, it was quite a process.)

Howdy folks. Been a long time since I've participated here. Glad the forum is still around.
I was looking up Stihl seal pullers, having bought one a couple of years ago on the big auction site. Now I see the Chicom brigade has duplicated the OEM, and they look very similar the one I have. My question is, how can I tell if what I have is the Stihl one? Mine has six pairs of jaws, but only a couple of them have the characteristic logo mark of S in a square. The jaws are marked 1, 2, 3.1, 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I think I remember mine coming in the orange and clear OEM bag. The reason I ask, is I am beginning to divest myself of CAD, and knowing how to price this counts, as there is quite a price difference. Hope everyone is well. These are strange times indeed. (We moved across the country last year, it was quite a process.)
Post some clear pictures.

Here is a picture of the cover of the official tool manual. After market ones are good imitations. Mine did come in the Stihl box, but that was a while back.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back