Of Compreshion and spark plugs.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Native

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i recently put a carb kit in my pro mac 610 now it wont start or run.

when i rebuilt the carb the kit was missing the pump difram so i used the old difram thinking that the pump was ok but now i don't think it is any more.
it is getting fuel to the engine if i pull it over then take the plug out and stick a match in the cylinder it goos woof. it will fire on starting fluid but it wont keep running.

i am wondering what the compression should read out at mine reeds 75psi on the Gage ( i have a 36cc brush cutter that has the same )

on the spark plug front i got to tinkering with my SP125 it has not started well since i got it i started looking at the spark plug and got to thinking a new plug of a different brand might help and what do you know it really likes it.
it starts better and runs much stronger than i thought it would.

i also checked the the compreshion it tested at 125psi i thought that was pretty good for this age of saw.

has any one found that certain saw's favor diffrent brands of spark plug. might

I just use whatever plus is in my inventory and is right for the saw, god only knows how many plugs I have here, I sure dont. at least I dont need to buy new ones for awhile.

I'd try a NGK or Bosch of the proper type. Nothing against Champion, but I've had home in my saws that just went bad, and didn't spark anymore with hardly any hours on them. I had one saw where it started to have a slight miss for the longest time. I put in a new spark plug, and she ran as good as new. Spark plugs are funny sometimes. Good luck!

The comments regarding plugs are interesting. I find that Champion makes a range of spark plugs which will work in Husqvarna saws such as the 350 or 372XP. The Champion EZ Start 5843 available at Walmart is similar to the Champion CJ8 (843-1) either of which will work in my Briggs and Straton Quantum lawn mower engine or chainsaw. Does any one have comparative experience of these two plugs. I believe that Champion may have a thrid plug in the same size which can also be used. I kind of like using the US made plug even though my saw is Swedish.

Thanks Doug

Latest posts

Back