Oh c'mon, enough is enough already!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spidey, hang in there, it can't go on forever!
We have had quite a bit of mild weather, hardly any snow so the snow machine didn't get much of a work out this year :(
Hovering around the freezing mark this morning, some wet snow but not much expected.

please send cold this way.we only have had a few days cold enough to freeze the ground for a couple days in a row. still have lotsa wood to saw&haw,and a barn full of :sheep::poop:to haul. SPRING 25days hang in there spidey.FS.

Then you start getting gardening catalogs in the mail. Now that is just plain mean!
I'm still burning oak.
There is freshly shoveled snow in the drive and the needs to be cut firewood is buried in snow.
Soon is all I keep hearing.:msp_angry:

Then you start getting gardening catalogs in the mail. Now that is just plain mean!
I'm still burning oak.

I'm not getting gardening catalogs. But, I was in the fleet store yesterday and they had all the lawn mowers, garden tillers, gardening tools and whatnot sitting out on display... AND I WAS THERE TO GET A BELT FOR THE SNOW THROWER! Now that's just plain mean! Heck, I can't even get to my grass cuttin' machines 'cause the door is blocked with plow-piled snow.

And yeah... I'm still burning oak by the wagon load!

Can't wait to get back to this!
View attachment 281160
attachment.php

Crapshoot here. Getting good grass growth now, peepers are peeping, dandelions up, etc..but we had winter storm of the century here in March. You just never know...We wind up burning at least some into April a lot.

C'mon, you spent 6 mo whining about when the cold is going to get here. Now you don't want it? Just sayin.

I agree with others. Winter is a ways off from being over. Around here we've had some of our worst storms in March.

I will admit though I'm looking forward to getting to some projects I have lined up around the house. Driveway needs redone, good mulching, splitting for next falls firewood sales etc.

But for now I'm happy to be warm.

I'd take heating year round over the summer when I have to turn on that stupid AC. Heat = free. AC= not free lol

Not here in Jersey, warm enough to leave the coat on the hook today. If I wasn't so lazy and was actually doing some work I'd be down to a Tshirt by now. No snow that I can see and the ice on the pool cover is about gone. Heck I still have a brand new 2yr. old snow thrower. I haven't even put gas in it yet.

I wish i know how much wood i have burnt this year. This is my second winter in this house and my only heat is wood.Last year we didnt have a winter and wood was not a problem but this year has me makeing plans for next years wood supply.

Whitespider, you install your furnace yet?
Nope, not yet. I've put that project off for warmer weather.
Planning to dissemble the furnace plenum and install a back draft damper and whatnot, which would put us without any heat during the install. Besides, as soon as it warms up a bit I'd like to clean up the furnace a bit, maybe put a little stove paint on some of it... make it all clean and purdy before I move it in the house.

C'mon, you spent 6 mo whining about when the cold is going to get here. Now you don't want it? Just sayin.
Spidey likes a fine whine.
Not me... I may have complained (whined) about the lack of rain (and maybe a little bit about the heat at high summer), but you won't find any post where I was wishing for cold weather. I like September-October weather... no need for heat or A/C, low humidity for the most part, sweatshirt and coffee in the morning, t-shirt and Budweiser in the afternoon, windows wide open, biting bugs mostly gone for the year, grass don't need cut much, and perfect fire pit weather. If I was a single man with no responsibilities, I'd move 200 miles (north or south depending on season) every 30 days just so I could follow that weather.

Well, I'm gonna whine now - I hate mud! It's so wet and muddy - kind of frozen underneath the mud in some spots - it's just about impossible to do anything outside. And more rain on the way for Tuesday.

Back