Oh how I hate starlings! This means WAR!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
demographic

demographic

Addicted to ArboristSite
Counted 8 of the devil birds this morning. . . First encounter of 2010. They were prepared, and flew as soon as I opened the door.

Two of them were trying to nest in my trailer's soffit. :chainsaw:

There declaration of war has not gone unnoticed, I must now gather the troops, and prepare for battle!!

P.S. Thanks England. . . Jerks. :p

I think you'll find that the man who introduced Starlings into the US was American;)

Although the Sparrow and the Starling are on the conservation red list in the United Kingdom it is interesting that by comparison they are doing rather well in the United States. The European Starling was introduced into North America in the 1890s, and quickly spread across the continent. It is a fierce competitor for nest cavities, and frequently expels native bird species and is therefore widely regarded as a pest and has been blamed for a decline in indigenous bird populations, especially the infinitely more attractive Bluebird. The Sparrow and the Starling together with the Pigeon are the only three unprotected bird species in North America, they are all introduced and there are more of them than all the other birds put together.

The European Starling is resident in the US because in 1890, a wealthy American businessman, Eugene Schieffelin, introduced sixty Starlings into New York Central Park and then another forty the following year. In doing so he radically and irreversibly altered America’s bird population because today European Starlings range from Alaska to Florida and even into Mexico, and their population is estimated at over two hundred million.

scotclayshooter

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wow, seen what an 87 gr v-max does to a coyote and would have loved to have seen the puff. We call those puff the magic dragoon, gota sing it of course. next time get pictures.:clap:

C.B.

DSC00342.jpg

How about a 75 grain hollowpoint Speer in .243 with as much N160 that will fit in the case:)
That was a Pigeon lol

scotclayshooter

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Holy moly, very nice, he didn't know what hit him, keep up the good work, that makes me want to get the 204 out. ha ha ha

C.B.

LOL that was the only part we found thers a tail a leg and a wing.
Shot a Hoody crow with the 87 Vmax after that and it just cut it in 2.

Never seen a 204:mad: .222 is the smallest we can shoot Roe deer with here and the .243 is the minimum for Red deer so you might as well have a do it all .243 or if you cant shoot very well a .270 win and plug them in the ribs:cry:

scotclayshooter

scotclayshooter

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had to look it up, because I have never heard of a Roe deer. Them sure are cute little fellas. About the size of a med sized dog.

Darn tasty they are!
We have Sika deer as well known as Japs or Blacks they are a Japanize deer introduced into the UK and are everywhere, Smaller than a Red deer but fairly hard to kill tough buggers! A .270 through the ribs and you better be ready to start tracking! But O Boy are they tasty!!!!