oil leak at bar mount ?!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWE#Kipp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone who has a 346xp thats leak oil at the bar mount ?
when i put the bar and chain on and tight it up i can still see the oil groove in the upper tensioner hole !?!?
will it help if i tighten the bar nuts even harder or should i go back to the store with the bar ??
(bar & chain=husqvarna original)

/Kristoffer

:rolleyes:

Are you missing an outside bar plate maybe? If the bar's oil hole goes all the way through the bar, there should be a plate covering the outside hole. I don't understand how you can see the tensioner hole if the bar cover is on. Is the bar mount pattern correct for your saw?

should have mentioned that the side cover was of when i looked at the hole !!!
but it did leak like H*** when i did a test run with the new bar and chain ,, maybe i didn't tighten the bar nuts enough ??

/Kristoffer

not sure about the oil leak except possible wrong bar.......the nuts do not need to "cranked" down, a firm snug is all thats needed. don't gorilla them.

Just check on my 346 with an original Husqui bar on it.I see the oil passage tru the tensionner hole ONLY when the bar is at the closest to the sprocket.As soon i pull on the bar and the tensionner hole is " just behind"the fiirst bar stud(closest to sprocket),i dont see it anymore.And thats normal cuz the oil slot goes "upward" a bit to face the oil hole in the blade.You wont never run your blade so close to the sprocket ,so you got probably the right blade.Dont forget that i will say, almost every chain saw "lose" oil when stopped because there a tank breather(hidden behind your inside plate behind the blade),and when pressure is created by heat,this pressure has to go somewhere and always goes out by this breather.

My first thought was that the chain was either too long or too short causing the bar to miss the oil outlet on the casing and the oil inlet on the bar.
John
J25.jpg

Latest posts

Back