OK, can't figure it out...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've read the FAQ twice...

On posts, between the User Name and Avatar there are some stars and below them is a line. When I hover my mouse pointer over them it just says "reputation".

The stars vary in number from 0 to a dozen or more... and color, some yellow, some gray, some red. Right now I have one yellow and two red, but the other day I had one yellow, five gray and one red.

The line under the stars is dark green on the left, transitioning into light green and than into yellow. Right now I have dark green and just a bit of light green, but it's been both shorter and longer.

I can't stand it anymore... What do those represent? What is the significance of the colors and count of each?

Does red mean I've been naughty and green mean I've been good?

You ought to get posting in the correct forum down first before moving on to more complicated stuff like rep. :laugh:

Good old Treeco. Always disparaging and deriding.

To be honest, I don't know how the new system works either. It changed a month or two ago and I haven't figured it out yet.

Good old Treeco. Always disparaging and deriding.

To be honest, I don't know how the new system works either. It changed a month or two ago and I haven't figured it out yet.

yeah, I dont think anybody really how the new system works yet. I am still under the assumption that the more the better.....the colors really throw everything off though.

Near as I can tell, more is better, bigger is better, and just guessing that the colors are gold, silver, and bronze, so just like medals, gold should be better.

That, and TreeCo hates "rep hos"

You ought to get posting in the correct forum down first before moving on to more complicated stuff like rep. :laugh:

And you oughta try being a little more helpful when someone asks a question.In other words, shut the hell up if you dont have any useful information for someone asking a question.

OP,if rep works the same now as it did before the new year when we had the old format, the little green dots add up across until you earn enough for them to become a colored "A",or what used to be a "Nova".Then the little dots start adding up until once again the convert to a "A".As far as colors, I think its just a way of jazzing things up a bit, I dont think they mean anything.

And you oughta try being a little more helpful when someone asks a question.In other words, shut the hell up if you dont have any useful information for someone asking a question.

OP,if rep works the same now as it did before the new year when we had the old format, the little green dots add up across until you earn enough for them to become a colored "A",or what used to be a "Nova".Then the little dots start adding up until once again the convert to a "A".As far as colors, I think its just a way of jazzing things up a bit, I dont think they mean anything.

stylish!

I've chosen to completely ignore all of those types of things, including credits. And, instead just supply and recieve opinions, ideas, and other useful information.

I aggree!

I would like to know out of curiosity though what all that is supposed to mean.

You Da man, got rep from me.

Last edited:
I've never paid much attention to them.. opinion are like #######s. if you like it great, if not well.. sorry :) if you're dumb enough to post a question you're dumb enough to get 500 different opinions.. i used to get pretty mad over people saying "you can only do #### this way" .. then i figured out they can do #### how they want, but i'm not.. rep doesn't mean anything to me though.. but it IS cute to see all the little stars and letters and crap :)

Good to know I'm not the only one...
I was wonderin' if the answer was gonna' make me look like an idiot...

You can't be an idiot. NE Iowa only produces men of exceptional intelligence and character.

The system has changed, it used to be when you'd fill up the little dots below, you would get a gold star and every star had the same value. Now, the little dots add up to a Bronze star/A, 5 Bronze stars/A's give you a Silver star/A and then 5 Silver stars convert to 1 Gold Star so now you will see the number of icons increasing and decreasing in number and color until you max out which is 5 of each.

To see who has repped you, go up to Settings and at the bottom of that page you will see who has repped you so you can return it. The more reputation points you have, the more you can give to someone else.

How's that for a better explanation than Treeco?

Since I seem to have rep all out of proportion to what little I know about tree care, none of it can mean much.

Latest posts

Back