ok got a itch for awhile to try echo 600p or new timberwolf 600 for firewood cutting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demc570

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
always wanted to try 600p,along with my ms361...........but now the echo timberwolf 600 is cheaper around 400.00......any one use either and can compare to similar other size saws? thanks

I own the 600p, I have been very pleased, seems plenty strong, I had the 20" bar buried in a dry white oak stump and it never stalled down, kept right on pulling.

Both Brad and Randy have done port build threads on the 600ps and both reported some serious gains. At a minimum,, the H screw needs more rich. I toasted one of mine when I first got it running it hard with the stock carb setting.

man, I learned a lot since then and being on this site..expensive education, but...worthwhile olong run for me.

Before that though, zooba, it could sling some chips, so ported must be something else. The new 620 is supposed to be significanty better, new port shapes and better ignition somehow, etc, but cost more. I bet the 590 timberwolf, then ported, would be most adequate, on a new saw budget.

I have a 2nd gen 600p and for a 60cc saw, it has not left me wanting anything. Except porting :D

It runs strong and starts in 2-3 pulls. I have an 18" sugihara bar on it and really have to be jammin to bog it. Great saw

I'd still love to see a cs750 or 800p. If they did as good of a job on a 70-80 cc saw as they did on the 620, I think they'd be able to hang with the likes of the 372 and 461. Time will tell

My 600p has been a good saw and runs really good. With the 20 inch bar it rips through wood quick. I would buy another one tomorrow if I had to

I'd still love to see a cs750 or 800p. If they did as good of a job on a 70-80 cc saw as they did on the 620, I think they'd be able to hang with the likes of the 372 and 461. Time will tell
That would be interesting, I hope they won't be overpriced.

I got a 600P for my nephew last year... He loved it for about 100 tanks worth, then crushed the tank with a hedge limb... $75.00 for a new tank/handle assembly from the dealer, and he was off and running again... I thought 75 was pretty reasonable really...
While it was apart, I left out the base gasket and raised the transfers to the original stock point and it's an incredibly strong 59cc saw...
Lots of torque for a 20" bar... Dudn't touch the intake or exhaust. He runs the crap out of it... Quad port jug, very nice quality...
And yes, they require proper tuning out of the box... Some are ok, others need some fuel added...

great replies thankyou guys,always wanted to try one,then i think should i just stay with stihl and be able to swap out my MS361 bars and chains 20" 3/8 rsc,262 cm 362 cm 441 cm,ms310,ms390............THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT KEEP ME UP AT NIGHT......

HAS ANYONE COMPARED 600P TO A MS361 OR 036 PRO?
ANYONE?????
ANYONE?????

WELL N
Yes... Why?
They are all very adequate...
If you're looking for something to slap the snot out of your 361, you'd need a Husky 562xp...
WELL NOT SURE ABOUT THAT MY BROTHER HAS ONE AND I REALLY HAVE TO GIVE THE EDGE TO MY 361

Back