ok ill bite the bullet! and kiss butt!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddieslilgirl

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
since yall dont get it i want to learn more about logging... everyone does it different but i cant find anyone who will show me how to cut ( i can and i have before but im afraid of getting cut) i want to learn the right way...anyone need an apprentice????

netree

i tried your home page i cant get into it. i know we argued before but if your serious about cutting im game. this is gonna sound crazy but how tall are you? i havre a very hard time cutting with someone whos only a few in taller than me! if your over 6ft maybe we can work something out. i dont want anyone watching me either.. i just want to learn the right way, and i need a small saw at first. yep im picky but im safe i know what i can and cant do, and i wont take unnecasary risks. lol so how tall are you???:D

Re: netree

Originally posted by daddieslilgirl
i havre a very hard time cutting with someone whos only a few in taller than me! if your over 6ft maybe we can work something out.

Are you looking for a date or a teacher?:confused:

excuse me??

just because i want someone taller than me im looking for a date??? im looking at safety and where im comfortable, and im comfortable with a taller man or woman! got a problem with it? why? do you have problems yourself???

Touchy aren't we? Have you read D. Dent's book "Professional Timber Falling"? If not then I highly recommend it as well as Dave Johnson's book "The Good Wood Cutters Guide". Both have priceless information in them. You might also look into Soren Erickson's Game of Logging program.

Re: excuse me??

got a problem with it? why? do you have problems yourself???

Trees Company! You're back!

Seriously, if I were looking to learn from someone height would be the last thing I'd be concerned about. What does height have to do with safety? I guess Gypo is out of the running, eh?

Daddieslilgirl,

There was an article in the TCIA mag a few months back, in the From The Field where you win a $ 100 bucks for submitting an article they print.

The article was about a family owned tree biz, the daughter ( the author} helped with the ground work only but did more work than some of the new employees, the dad hired.

Are you that same author of the article??? If I remember right the title of the article was the same as your screen name your using here.

If you are it seems strange that no one could help you with the problem of finding someone to teach you how to use a saw.

Larry

omg

are you serious? there was an article about this same thing? i SWEAR on my grams grave i havent written any article ever! and just for your info my dad just doesnt want me getting hurt, it took me years just to let him get me in the woods when my mom did it for 20. i think there is something i dont know about and hed never tell and i wont ask..it would be like violating his and my moms privacy and i just could NEVER do that no matter what! by the way how do i find the article? even tho i have no wish to hurt them he loves to be shaken up once in a while! go figure thats just my dad. i honestly think he thinks ill end up in the hospital like my mom and my brother. and i cant bear to put him through anymore of that!

Go over to the climbing and tree care forum.

Take a look at Guy's about the Nov. TCIA, they are posting links for the TCIA mag right now. Weather the article will be on the TCIA site or not I don't know, but it is worth a try, if you want to try and find it.

Larry

Re: excuse me??

just because i want someone taller than me im looking for a date??? im looking at safety and where im comfortable, and im comfortable with a taller man or woman! got a problem with it? why? do you have problems yourself???
Of course I have problems, like everyone else. But I don't think they interfere with my ability to sufficiently function in the surrounding world. :D

I'm still wondering if you'll answer my question.

17984.gif

Re: NICKROSIS

Originally posted by Timberjackboy
Is that you in thte pic? Your a hottie!!!!!!!!!! Id let you run my skidder any day

You don't get out much do you?

Latest posts

Back