Ok Summer is here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Throw a bunch wood in the living room floor and get a good fire going, then call the fire dept OR get the garden hose and enjoy the cool mist of water while they are cooling the house!!:clap:

Summers been here wtf oh I see your in Pa, ha ha summer ya'all don't
know its meaning man we been above 90 for most of 2 months already.
It will be near the century mark or above it soon and stay that way till
and sometimes in to October. I wish I was like a duck sometimes up to
Canada summer down to Ar winter ohhhhhh the thought just gives me chills:monkey:

Last edited:
i was also curious about this. i found some info that the university of cincinati had online. its called an absorption chiller. they are using it in a solar application. the company is producing it now for residential use it says. the company is called rotartica and is out of spain

I read about those absorption chillers, or at least the concept, just last week. If wood fired, it would be wood eating monster that would put an OWB to shame. If what I read was accurate, it takes a lot of heat to cool a house size area.

Ian

Is an absorbsion chiller the same concept as a propane fridge? If so they are horrible slow and I don't see how you would ever cool a house. That would be a massive unit.

actually if u go to the rotartica web site the unit looks the same as an ordinary central air unit. basically the same without the compressor, i believe these units use lith bromide and or ammonia water.cincy is using one of these units with solar units heating water. i would have to believe that the recovery would be slower than an owb.. the concepts not new but the product is ,so its probably pretty cashy.

Back