OK this is a dumb one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jra1100

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My 029 super is dumping gas from a fitting on the top of the tank where a hose has come off. Can't find the hose or where it goes. I'm pretty sure this is easy, but I'm stumped and don't want to tear it down to figure it out. Can someone set me straight. JR

Thanks goat. Not sure what it looks like, I tried to get a parts breakdown but couldn't find one. I'll have to get one. JR

Thanks Dahmer and Harley T, now I know what I'm looking for. I'm a lot better at sawing than fixing. Lucky for me that there is AS, I am always helped here. Thanks again. JR

Just some thoughts and info about gas tank grub screw venting:

AND those itty bitty screws inside the vent tube are called grub screws and if you are ever replacing the vent tube itself and using the old grub screws you are not suppose to twist or thread the old grub screws into the tube, push them in the tube so as the tank vents air around the threads. (and sometimes even pushing the grub into a soft vent tube will result in non-venting later)Twisting them in will sometimes result in the grub screws cutting threads into the tubing and non-venting or reduced venting will result.
A test with a hand held vacuum pump will get you some surprises about grub screws installed into tubing as vents.;)

Back