Okay, Convince Me Regarding a 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooneyPilot

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Okay, I’m coming up on deciding between a rebuilt 200T or a new from the dealer 201 TCM.

I have spoken with Lone Wolf and have really good vibes about his expertise in building good 200T’s and I sense that he has very high integrity as well. Very impressed with him. The Wolf has also impressed upon me the value of the 241. If I can find a good one I will be buying one of them in addition to an in tree saw.

With that preface, what makes the 200T superior to the current new offering?

LoneWolf has worked on several of my saws. Nice guy and excellent work. 200t is the best tope handle ever made. I have several
I only have one 201tcm. It's an ok saw but I dread using it. I'd take a rebuilt 200t over a 201tcm any day.

Okay, I’m coming up on deciding between a rebuilt 200T or a new from the dealer 201 TCM.

I have spoken with Lone Wolf and have really good vibes about his expertise in building good 200T’s and I sense that he has very high integrity as well. Very impressed with him. The Wolf has also impressed upon me the value of the 241. If I can find a good one I will be buying one of them in addition to an in tree saw.

For one thing the prices they bring check out Ebay and see what a 200T goes for compared to a 201T. Even blown up ones have a good resale value.

There will never be a better two stroke TH saw than an MS200T. Limp wristed colleagues go on about the lighter, smaller engined and barred alternatives, but it’s just the classic case of people trying to root for the underdog...if the work warrants a smaller lighter saw than a MS200T, use your Silky ffs. Having said that, the new Husqvarna battery TH is coming on in leaps and bounds (climbing and dismantling without ear muffs is AMAZING once you have spent years getting used to the scream of a two stroke) and it will only be a battery option that MIGHT tempt me away from a 200T.
Just get one bought :chainsaw:

What makes it superior? Nothing. It’s not.
It’s what guys are use to.
I remember this bs when the 020t came out. It replaced a very popular saw. Listened to how the new saw was no good. It’s all plastic too!! How can they put all this plastic on a saw?
Same when the 044 replaced the 038.
Saws change. People don’t.
The rollout for the 201 couldnt have gone worse. Tons of problems. Those are fixed. They can’t fix the bad taste it left.

Latest posts

Back