Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back home. Mowed the dirt. EXCEPT where Carroll Electric dropped all the limbs, and let them lay. IF my power was out, I'd be out of luck as they wouldn't answer the phone.

I was extremely mad. I am fairly upset.

Dan I just bought a 757 parts saw with a full wrap handle off ebay. I have another parts saw and hope to make one good one out of the two. Used parts for a 757 are scarce and pricey on ebay.

Dan I just bought a 757 parts saw with a full wrap handle off ebay. I have another parts saw and hope to make one good one out of the two. Used parts for a 757 are scarce and pricey on ebay.

Dan has another 757 runner as of today...
Runs a bit faster than the other one...
:msp_thumbup:

Hey everybody, Latest update. We got permission to have the charity cut on the 7 acres that I described was like a city park. We didn't get the first area that I indicated a month or so back out by Rogersville. They have previous commitments. It is on Sept 21st. I will start PMing everyone with address and directions. Give me a while though, I type VERY SLOWLY.:msp_biggrin: Hopefully I will also have some signs up at intersections that will say "Charity Cut" with an arrow pointing the way. So far I have not received any indications that anybody wants to camp. If that remains the same then I won't be camping either.:dizzy: BUT if someone decides they want to camp, no problem, I will camp too. There is a Super 8 motel in Nixa (It's even 2 stories high!!!) for anyone wanting to come in Friday night. If anyone has any questions, PM me and I will get back to you. Oh yeah, Family members are welcome too. Along with anything you want to buy/sell/trade.:rock::msp_biggrin:

I be needing the bar adjustment screw/ tab, and the outside felling dogs, for starters.

:)

I suppose it's time to begin rounding up racing cants.

Hey are you having your GTG over there in the Red Star area?? I camped down in there with the "Rainbow Tribe" (hippies not the gheys) that year they had the big site down on the Little Buffalo?

What is the date for your GTG? Is it invitation only?

Hey are you having your GTG over there in the Red Star area?? I camped down in there with the "Rainbow Tribe" (hippies not the gheys) that year they had the big site down on the Little Buffalo?

What is the date for your GTG? Is it invitation only?

I hadn't seen this .......

Funny thing, I ONCE went to a GTG with only two chains. Hit a piece of steel with the first one, moved up the tree 30 feet and hit another with the second. I'm sure no one remembers that.

It wasn't memorable.

I should have some shortleaf pines on the ground by then. I can bring some logs if you would like.

Haven't heard about the mill, or if we'd have to have them sawed. If so, it would have to happen beforehand.

Whew!!! I finally got done sending messages to everyone on the list for the Charity cut. At least I hope I got them to the right ones, if I didn't, let me know. I will be on site at 8:00 am, Saturday the 21st. I know most will be coming from a long ways so I will see you when you get there. I hope everyone has a good/safe trip getting here and a good time when you arrive.
Thanks again for the help, guys.
Steve

Note: Here is a list of attending.
Hinerman
jerrycmorrow
diggersdad
wkendlumberjack
moody
cobey
hedgerow
worksawcollector
oliver1655

Last edited:
Funny thing, I ONCE went to a GTG with only two chains. Hit a piece of steel with the first one, moved up the tree 30 feet and hit another with the second. I'm sure no one remembers that.

It wasn't memorable.

Mr. Dan is our resident metal detector. If he's not available, I do a fair job.:msp_biggrin:

177745d1301280973-100_3710-jpg

Whew!!! I finally got done sending messages to everyone on the list for the Charity cut. At least I hope I got them to the right ones, if I didn't, let me know. I will be on site at 8:00 am, Saturday the 21st. I know most will be coming from a long ways so I will see you when you get there. I hope everyone has a good/safe trip getting here and a good time when you arrive.
Thanks again for the help, guys.
Steve

Note: Here is a list of attending.
Hinerman
jerrycmorrow
diggersdad
wkendlumberjack
moody
cobey
hedgerow
worksawcollector
oliver1655