Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oliver1655

Oliver1655

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had 14 degrees at 4am. We didn't get much more than 1/2" of the snow - not that I am complaining. :D

I still haven't got the sliding doors for my shop addition built. Tracks are up & since Charity Cut III has been postponed, I hope to have them up this weekend.

Locust Cutter

Locust Cutter

Sawing for Sanity
Well, it's 28F here tonight. Got the fire stoked with Hedge and Mulberry. Killed a cup of coffee and I get to leave for work in about 20. I've got a cord going out this coming Thursday and them I'm out of sell-able wood until next season and I've had people calling me out of the blue, friends of customers asking for wood. This is about too turn into work...:chop:Oh well. Now it's time to buy a few trailers, a S.S. and hopefully a minty 075 from a local dealer as the funds allow. Then all I really need is a 30-50hp tractor or a skid steer and I'll be all out of excuses for not doing more!:laugh:

Hedgerow

Hedgerow

HACK
Well, it's 28F here tonight. Got the fire stoked with Hedge and Mulberry. Killed a cup of coffee and I get to leave for work in about 20. I've got a cord going out this coming Thursday and them I'm out of sell-able wood until next season and I've had people calling me out of the blue, friends of customers asking for wood. This is about too turn into work...:chop:Oh well. Now it's time to buy a few trailers, a S.S. and hopefully a minty 075 from a local dealer as the funds allow. Then all I really need is a 30-50hp tractor or a skid steer and I'll be all out of excuses for not doing more!:laugh:
I can give you a few more after you run out...
I can cut 50 cord a year if I don't have to... But as soon as I feel like I have to, I don't wanna... I've started hoarding more than selling...

WKEND LUMBERJAK

WKEND LUMBERJAK

Addicted to ArboristSite
jerrycmorrow

jerrycmorrow

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Steve you aren't helping. I have picked up a Jonsered 630 ,2051 x 2, 2054 ,homelite 410, david Bradley and a box of new chain and some NOS.parts. It is a nice looking saw tobad they didn't post a #..You want I should try to get it for you.
ken, if steve doesn't want it i may be interested. nice looking saw.

Mo. Jim

Mo. Jim

Addicted to ArboristSite
Morning gents, I see Carl has already given the weather report for our little corner of the world. I need to go out and stoke the stove and get ready to face the world.

sawnami

sawnami

Addicted to ArboristSite
Steve you aren't helping. I have picked up a Jonsered 630 ,2051 x 2, 2054 ,homelite 410, david Bradley and a box of new chain and some NOS.parts. It is a nice looking saw tobad they didn't post a #..You want I should try to get it for you.

Sorry for trying to feed the habit Kenneth. Looks like you're doing pretty good without any help :) I'd better not add more right now. I checked and I've got 20 potential runners to get going. Just finished a Pro Mac 555 for a friend and dissected an early XL-12 to find the production date using Homelite Service Memos. It turns out to be produced 05/64 which comes close to matching the one that my Dad first bought and that was what I was looking for. It's a runner as of this morning. :)

Jerry, that looks like a mighty nice saw. I'd make a run at it if I were you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sawnami

sawnami

Addicted to ArboristSite
steve, so how was it you were able to determine the date on the xl-12.
i'm still studying on the jd. probly will snooze and lose.

I looked for revisions mentioned in the service memos such as a busing added to the throttle lock, a washer and clip added to the breaker arm post, a 1/4" longer TJ-8J spark plug boot, then I ran out of revisions to my saw between memos for 05/08/64 and 05/15/64. Probably not an exact science but close enough for me.

Hope you have a chance at that saw if you want it. If it was local, I'd probably be checking it out

67L36Driver
I looked for revisions mentioned in the service memos such as a busing added to the throttle lock, a washer and clip added to the breaker arm post, a 1/4" longer TJ-8J spark plug boot, then I ran out of revisions to my saw between memos for 05/08/64 and 05/15/64. Probably not an exact science but close enough for me.

Hope you have a chance at that saw if you want it. If it was local, I'd probably be checking it out

yearofmfg001a.jpg