Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that the log bucking trailer has been tested, with a pile of logs which is a very good reflection of what I normally work with, is the trailer a better option to an actual wood processor or should I consider building one?

What do you think?

Now that the log bucking trailer has been tested, with a pile of logs which is a very good reflection of what I normally work with, is the trailer a better option to an actual wood processor or should I consider building one?

What do you think?
A processor would tear itself up on the stuff we cut up the other day..
I would think..

its all the way up.. all the ports are clear two different pumps, have been told they dont oil well.
as long as you punch the maual oiler its ok.... but the guy that wants it cant be trusted to use a manual oiler
Cobey what kind of shape was the diaphragm in thats under the oiler?

Freakin J-Red........................ First it wouldn't pull fuel and now all it want's to do is flood.

On a happy note: I can clear a flooded saw by disconnecting the fuel line and pulling a bunch till it starts and runs itself dry................................

Hmmm mine oils the 24" bar that's on it. Is the oil getting through the bar easily? Mine's got a McCulloch brand bar.
mine has the right bar... I might try one more pump..they must have weak diaphrams. I got the one pump from chainsawr

Cobey what kind of shape was the diaphragm in thats under the oiler?
it seems ok not torn but kinda floppy both pumps will pump but seems like a sweet spot on the screw but not enough oil. if u turn the screw up or down from that spot, no oil

Well, I remembered pictures when we were on the way home. Nuts. Got my truck and splitter, a flatbed trailer and a port-a-potty down there. Ed's going to bring 2 or3 more flatbeds to leave on site. Did a lot of driving around, scoping things out and coming up with a plan of attack. We identified one area that we want to concentrate on and where we will put John's log bucking trailer and the splitters for Saturday's job. Friday will probably be spent using the tractors pulling out more that is close by and staging it. Saturday would like to continue bringing out more wood with the tractors, possibly at 2 other locations too, and using Doug's toolcat to keep the log bucking trailer full. If you look on Google sattlelite of the land, at the south end there is a pond next to a barn. We're thinking of bringing the processed wood there and stacking on some old cattle gates set up on concrete water troughs. Kind of a raised platform. If we can get some pallets we will set that up for stacking wood also. Some of this depends on where the landowner will let us store the wood. While I would like to stack and store the wood properly, we might just have to make a pile. Which is OK. We can get local volunteers to load big trucks later in the year. Plus we can get some of the clients to come get their own wood, the ones that are able to.
It looks like this Charity Cut is going to be a HUGE success, but only because of you guys and the equipment that you all are bringing. A very heartfelt thank you to everyone that can come and are coming.:bowdown:
You are the best friends anyone could ask for. I can't wait to get all my buddies back together again.
Steve

Morning fellas, took my daughter on a date last night and just happen to see a stopped freight train in out hometown. I asked and the engineer let us in the cab!
uqy7atu8.jpg
nedu6y8y.jpg
then we had front row 25 yardline seats for our local arena football team!
sa6y7ady.jpg
and she caught a football!
8y8ygaqe.jpg
. Have a good day all!

Morning fellas, took my daughter on a date last night and just happen to see a stopped freight train in out hometown. I asked and the engineer let us in the cab!
uqy7atu8.jpg
nedu6y8y.jpg
then we had front row 25 yardline seats for our local arena football team!
sa6y7ady.jpg
and she caught a football!
8y8ygaqe.jpg
. Have a too day all!
That is what little girl/daddy memories are made of
she will never forget
good for you to take the time and use
the chance to tour a working train

Latest posts

Back