Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
I wanted another top handle saw, and didn't have a Homelite, so I picked this one up.
A new recoil rope, and some cleaning and tuning... Cut with it last night... It's growing on me. Anybody familiarwith these? Other than it's only 33cc's? I think it cuts a little better than the 25DA Poulan I got. It's light as all get out...

once that paint proves or disproves itself i need to know the brand. thanks

I'm skeptical... But hopeful... It does make a nice surface to look at. I'm going to have the clutch cover powder coated... Hope that ain't too expensive... Now, what to do with the handle wrap??? :confused:

I'm skeptical... But hopeful... It does make a nice surface to look at. I'm going to have the clutch cover powder coated... Hope that ain't too expensive... Now, what to do with the handle wrap??? :confused:

seems like i've seen after market handle wraps mentioned here on AS somewhere. can't say where or when though. got some myself that could sure use a new wrap but always figured, phffft, its a work saw and gonna git banged up again anywho. still, would be nice.

been lookin at one like that for $35. if i could talk him down i'd prolly get it. he says it runs but haven't started it or pulled muffler. is it worth $35? with case.

I honestly don't know what that thing is worth. I picked it up for $20 because It was a pig-in-a-poke... No recoil, couldn't turn it over, but it had a good bar, and was totally in tact. Plus, I don't have anything red to hang in my Christmas saw tree...
:hmm3grin2orange:

Have it (or do it yourself) lined w/a non-grit, spray-on bedliner material,... Non-skid will be a plus, should make for a bit more damping effect, and it would be tell-tale in case of theft,..... Just a thought,...

Have it (or do it yourself) lined w/a non-grit, spray-on bedliner material,... Non-skid will be a plus, should make for a bit more damping effect, and it would be tell-tale in case of theft,..... Just a thought,...

Stump put something on the piston that can't be duplicated. Sure wouldn't be any mistaking that saw!!!
:msp_sneaky:

Back