Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last night I sharpened 5 chains (improved two semi chisel's to cut better)
I still want to cut the safety bumps off another and clean the gullets out
before thursday (i dont want to use a file if I dont have to) on the trip north

I would say good morning, but it looks like the afternoon is already here. I slept in this morning and feel like I have lost about 6 hours some where. :confused: I need another cup of coffee before I go out and get the the stove fired up again. I worked up a sweat yesterday splitting and stacking some hedge, 60's, 30's today. Later Jim

I would say good morning, but it looks like the afternoon is already here. I slept in this morning and feel like I have lost about 6 hours some where. :confused: I need another cup of coffee before I go out and get the the stove fired up again. I worked up a sweat yesterday splitting and stacking some hedge, 60's, 30's today. Later Jim
I planned on sleeping in today but the dog woke me up at 6. Worked out OK though. I cut a trailer load of hedge, deliverd half to my MIL and was home by noon to watch the KU game.

Moved the mill to a new spot so I can roll logs right on the bed. Works out much better with the new extension.
36ee48bc2af1e6aaad11e38db5d34119.jpg
milled my first beam for the new shop and got a about 50 bdft of 1 " lumber to boot.
0547d6e1903180ee42ba90f3a2c39d33.jpg
ed885cd3ec9dcf85fbe889b7ab3c20ca.jpg

Ok Chef I have a question, how do you dry (cure) a piece like you have pictured? Can you use it right away or must it be stored in a kiln or just air dried in a barn?
You know there are no stupid questions, just stupid people who ask questions. Like me.

Evening all!!! Been in Virginia for a bit, then back home and will be back in VA a week from today... Gotta love traveling for work. On a positive note, considering the current temps and my lack of hedge (relative to what I'd like to have) the farm family who's 1200+ acres of land I've been thinning trees on told me about a pile of buldozed hedge about 3 miles North of me. We found it and there's probably 3-4 cords left after the approx 0.8 cord we removed a few days ago. I was able to split it and burn it cleanly in my P.E. Stove which is famously intolerant of wet wood!!! I'm considering it a gift from God.

I hope y'all stay warm and that all of you had a great Thanksgiving!

Back