Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told we are good on splitters. We will see. I think there are at least 4 splitters (maybe 5). It all depends on the type of splitters and the # of people operating them.
I never did ask..
What type of cutting will we be doing?
Scrounge and haul? Or log processing?

I never did ask..
What type of cutting will we be doing?
Scrounge and haul? Or log processing?

I do know some trees have already been dropped and brought to a site for processing. I don't know how many. I don't know if more trees will need to be dropped or not. There is going to be plenty of equipment there to get it done.

Hopefully Gritz or Jetmd will chime in and give you a better idea.

Well, jetmd helped me get my helper springs on today. Thanks again! Now I just need to toss a load of wood in there to see what difference it makes.

This is something I want to do to my f250. My 88 Dodge has a suspension lift and is pretty stout, even with a load of green Osage.

To best describe it should be a little of everything, a little felling, bucking, some grab and drag out to process.

It will probably work best if we have the splitters set up in different sections and buck, split and just pile up.

The reason being there is a lot of moisture in the ground and as soon as it warms up and the sun comes out it
get real greasy. That way when it dry's out when can load the split wood and go deliver. Or we can load while
the ground is still frozen.

We should have enough splitters, provided they all can make it....as I know stuff can come up.

We will be spread out as some work needs to be done in several different spots.

Hope this make sense?

Picked up a menagerie of handheld power equipment today. Got some ms250 parts, a husky 240, husky 576xp crankcase, a Stihl drill and a Honda spike/post driver. Got the 240 running using parts from a 235 I had. Been a pretty productive day.

This is something I want to do to my f250. My 88 Dodge has a suspension lift and is pretty stout, even with a load of green Osage.

It's a little early to tell, but I hauled a load of locust/ash on Monday and it squatted about 1/2" less than when I hauled the load of mulberry. It did seem like it didn't bounce around as much and felt a little more stable going down the road. For $100, I'd say they were worth the $100 I spent on them. There's still room for me to tighten them down a little more if I needed to as well.

fc47732a7318e5eaed4083532e19de65.jpg
morning chuckle..... Morning all!

Latest posts

Back