Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, now I don't feel like I have problem anymore. :)

580aac3d85ab8906fcb2e5f32c3b58e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

On the tough ones, I pull off the clutch shoes and take a cutoff wheel to an old 1/2" socket to fit the slots between the hub fingers.
View attachment 428801
thanks steve. I was thinking - cut down so two studs would fit where the spanner don't work. I like yours better; more bite. guess i'll need a deep socket since its an outside drive sprocket and the crank sticks up
any issues with the pig steel used in the cheap ones? recently had a cheap 1/2" to 3/8" adapter snap clean in half

thanks steve. I was thinking - cut down so two studs would fit where the spanner don't work. I like yours better; more bite. guess i'll need a deep socket since its an outside drive sprocket and the crank sticks up
any issues with the pig steel used in the cheap ones? recently had a cheap 1/2" to 3/8" adapter snap clean in half
I can dig one up out of my spares if you come up short.

0b81cc83fc5e7b5cbd20fb956316da5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

Jerry I've made a couple out of home depot sockets seem to be holding up fine.

Looked at trying Carl's trick but the crank was in the way. So I read the SM and it said to use a drift in the two holes. So I used a drift and a 3# sledge and after about 10 hits it moved. Finally came off. Now I need two more clutch shoes since it only has 4 of the 6 required.
Now I'm trying to take the starter apart and someone replaced the pulley screw with an Allen head. It doesn't want to come out either. The Allen wrench turns inside the head. Gonna try cutting a slot

Home at last......annnnd the basement drains aren't draining. I'm really not sure where they actually drain to yet, but they're below ground level and there isn't a pump, so I assume they drain out into some sort of drain field. The ground is saturated......no where for it go I guess. Blah! Thankfully, so far it hasn't crept into the finished side of the basement.

Lots of things arn't draining very good around here.

Jerry: I usually give the clutch a few whacks in the axiel direction to relieve pressure on the crank shoulder.

But, I got too energetic on the MS650 and broke the clutch spider. It did come off......[emoji10]

Hello all,
Just wanted to check in.
Still looking forward to a saw social:)
My phone used to email me all the time to update me, it has quit and I have no idea why?????
I miss it.

Hello all,
Just wanted to check in.
Still looking forward to a saw social:)
My phone used to email me all the time to update me, it has quit and I have no idea why?????
I miss it.
If the system notifies of updates to a thread and you don't check them a time or two, it will stop notifying until you do. I think it's a "feature". :laughing:

MS650+ runs and the oil pump pumps.
Vibrated out the recoil cover screws I forgot to fully tighten.

Carb on the 440 failed the tank pressure test and filled the crankcase with mix overnight.
Carb kits on the shopping list for Monday for both.

Sad part is, I had a buyer come up from KC and the 440 poops itself.[emoji35]

Latest posts

Back