Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if he is working by himself, when would he have time to sharpen??? And for the price of three cords per year, he doesn't have to deal with it.
smart fellow

He could sell the once used chains for what---at least half price of new and reduce his losses. I agree,,,,smart fellow. I will continue to sharpen my chains though.

If he gets 5 cord before sharpening, you think he could get the whole 100 cord on one chain if he sharpens every 5 cord?

It's wonderful that you finally figured this out, bubba! :)
I had never given it much thought past "faster", till that fella tossed out the 5 load thing..
So figured I'd do a little test.
Probably moot though, as I usually cause a premature death of any good sharpening due to fence/rock/dirt/nail/etc..

What I won't do for a good client.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439916759.839696.jpg

Really filthy two trigger XL-2, added a new duckbill, washed the bar oil out of the cylinder, rinsed the fuel tank and refilled and reset the mixture screws. Primed and pulled a bunch and away he went. Zip tie on the throttle kept him at a (very!) brisk idle for ten minutes.

Only smoking a little now but it was THICK! at first.

I had never given it much thought past "faster", till that fella tossed out the 5 load thing..
So figured I'd do a little test.
Probably moot though, as I usually cause a premature death of any good sharpening due to fence/rock/dirt/nail/etc..
I've always been conservative with raker hight and get good results cutting wood.
But never claimed to file a ' Real Fast' chain, yet. ;)

Latest posts

Back