Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im so sorry to hear that stumpy. Have ya any idea what started the fire? Be sure to let us know if ya have trouble with the insurance adjuster as well. They (insurance) should be fair about this and help ya out.

Im so sorry to hear that stumpy. Have ya any idea what started the fire? Be sure to let us know if ya have trouble with the insurance adjuster as well. They (insurance) should be fair about this and help ya out.

I'm bettin Stumpy's shop isn't insured, most in this area are not. I could be wrong though.

I have no insurance on mine, work full time in it and have a small fortune invested. Goin to check the wood stove area right now, before I light a fire this morning.

I'm in for helping out. Let me know what is needed. I have a saw to donate for a fund raiser, hands that can build, whatever.

I'm bettin Stumpy's shop isn't insured, most in this area are not. I could be wrong though.

I have no insurance on mine, work full time in it and have a small fortune invested. Goin to check the wood stove area right now, before I light a fire this morning.

Gotcha. I understand now. Thanks Don.

I am not a builder (but I know a couple in this thread) but I can hold stuff up carry stuff and really good at getting yelled at. Lets get together and build one.

Thoughts?

I just went back through and read this from yesterday. I'm sick at my stomach. I built houses most of my life. I can figure the material so there's no waste, and show up with a couple of men anytime to rebuild the shop. I don't have much money but will kick in whatever I can.

Call. PM, email........

I just went back through and read this from yesterday. I'm sick at my stomach. I built houses most of my life. I can figure the material so there's no waste, and show up with a couple of men anytime to rebuild the shop. I don't have much money but will kick in whatever I can.

Call. PM, email........

Thank you, We are still waiting on permission for the fundraiser. I'll get back with you. :rock:

Bad news guys

My shop burnt down today. My phone was in it at the time. If I had anything of yers here I appologize & will make it up to you sumhow. Please Pm me with phone #'s so I can git back to you in person.

Nobody was hurt, there is a few tools that will be salvageable. But the shop is gone. Please be patient with me while I git stuff sorted out.

Stumpy, sorry to hear about your shop, please let me know if I can do anything to help.

This needs to be a thread of its own*, a lot guys aren't going see the news buried in a GTG thread (it was a fluke that I decided to click on this thread).

*From what I'm reading, there might soon be a We're Going To Help Stumpy Rebuild His Shop thread :msp_thumbup:.

Stumpy, sorry to hear about your shop, please let me know if I can do anything to help.

This needs to be a thread of its own*, a lot guys aren't going see the news buried in a GTG thread (it was a fluke that I decided to click on this thread).

*From what I'm reading, there might soon be a We're Going To Help Stumpy Rebuild His Shop thread :msp_thumbup:.

There will be just going to take a little time.

I am not a builder (but I know a couple in this thread) but I can hold stuff up carry stuff and really good at getting yelled at. Lets get together and build one.

Thoughts?

i'm in with a shop raising. i'm pretty handy with building stuff. the sooner the better. need to get him back into business.

stump, based on my understanding, you must be doing something right to be attacked this way. rest assured this aint an act of God but is instead an act of satan whose whole purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy. that's what he tried to do the Job and Job ended up better off than when he was attacked. just sayin.

Last edited:
Shop build

Stump,
I pm'd you. If the Spring GTG is a shop raising instead, I'm good for that. I'm sure I could bring a few extra sets of hands. I'm no master builder, but I can cut/hammer/paint just fine, or haul off trash if needed. I guess we'll wait an see what the decision is, but whatever I can do, lemme know.

Bad news guys

My shop burnt down today. My phone was in it at the time. If I had anything of yers here I appologize & will make it up to you sumhow. Please Pm me with phone #'s so I can git back to you in person.

Nobody was hurt, there is a few tools that will be salvageable. But the shop is gone. Please be patient with me while I git stuff sorted out.

Thanks everybody fer the support. I really have no idea what is gonna be salvageable. I really ask anything from you guys other than support.
I'll git back goin eventually. This won't keep me down.
Just a heads up, don't ever ask can things git any worse, cause they can.

Big hugs for everybody from me:msp_thumbup:

PM sent to Darin last night hope he logs on today, I have to have permission before we get the ball rolling. Stay tuned to this thread.

Here's whats left. I got a pic last night before it got to dark.
This just sux:frown::cry:
shop.jpg

Sorry man that looks rough. Maybe we need to have a spring shop building GTG. Not trying to crush James' GTG just tossing ideas out there.

Thoughts?

Thanks fellas. I need prayers right now. Just went out there to look around & bout made me sick.

I'm off to look fer some part time work to git me by for a while.

Just bringing some of the info to the current page.

Stumpy, if you need some saws to sell to put some money in your pocket, let me know. You'd get more money out selling in your neck of the woods than I would in mine.

If you still have the tools & space to put together some saws to sell, I can definately help you out.

Chris

I had no idea the misfortune our friend here had suffered! I'm setting here in shock. Just sickening. Wish I lived close. Was this shop your full time job? Man o man!

It was his income, he said he was going job hunting. I will pass of some of the raffle money as soon as it come in.

I had no idea the misfortune our friend here had suffered! I'm setting here in shock. Just sickening. Wish I lived close. Was this shop your full time job? Man o man!

Your old Mall II was in there when it burned.

Guys I'm going to town shopping:msp_angry: When I get back I am starting the fundraiser thead this evening I'll link this thread with it.

Call. PM, email........

You'll have to put your pistol down to work. (Provided you have a beer in the other). Don't you think it will look odd having an ape running a tape measure?

Sounds like his biggest immediate concern may be all the equipment he had there that belonged to others. My oh my. How in the world do you deal with something like this? Just a really bad situation all the way around.

I personally can't stand insurance. What a coincidence that I recently had a short discussion on the subject with a member here. (eh Brad?)

I don't fault anyone that is short on insurance. I DO fault anyone who wants to use insurance to cover their stupidity, or just to get ahead at someone else's expense.

I am not assuming any particular insurance situation. IF one has a mortgage, and they require homeowners insurance, THEN one's hobby shop would be covered. :)

Did I mention I hate insurance?

Latest posts

Back