Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Gents!!! Now I'm going to bed... I tried to rep most of you, but apparently I have inadvertently limited my rep (mostly) to Mid-Western types:buttkick: I guess I have to sloppily spread love to strangers before making good in here,...:msp_rolleyes:

Picked some oddball crap:)
View attachment 249163
aeeda03a-217e-51d9.jpg

Don't have a clue what the size or year if the saws are. The two-man bar says Disston on it. Not sure of the other bar.

that bottom saw looks like it could be a Sears D44 or D49. look at the inside of the AF cover.

Check this beast out... That's my neighbor Roger in the pic. He's about 6'1" or so... Biggest Pecan tree I've ever seen, but I have no idea how big they normally get...:confused:

attachment.php

Check this beast out... That's my neighbor Roger in the pic. He's about 6'1" or so... Biggest Pecan tree I've ever seen, but I have no idea how big they normally get...

prolly goes without sayin but i'm gonna say it anyway. don't let that thing roll on ya when you're clearing the top branches off. that's gonna be a challenge. bet you could get some good slabs outa that thing too.

prolly goes without sayin but i'm gonna say it anyway. don't let that thing roll on ya when you're clearing the top branches off. that's gonna be a challenge. bet you could get some good slabs outa that thing too.

I use mechanical assistance... I ain't too good to hide behind a loader tractor...

I carved up a red oak about that size a few years back, 60" at the butt. Some of the limbs were still 15' off the ground. No loader present, had to walk the top limbs out and block them from above. Six cord tree.

I carved up a red oak about that size a few years back, 60" at the butt. Some of the limbs were still 15' off the ground. No loader present, had to walk the top limbs out and block them from above. Six cord tree.

I always wondered if that would work... I got a big standing Maple to get sometime... Do the big limbs try to shake you off when you make the first cut? Or are they somewhat steady?

I always wondered if that would work... I got a big standing Maple to get sometime... Do the big limbs try to shake you off when you make the first cut? Or are they somewhat steady?

Depends. The big oak had very stout limbs, and had a solid three point stance to the ground. Walking out as far as you dare and taking that first nip is the tricky part. A birds mouth undercut alleviates this somewhat.

After that dogging blocks off is a breeze.

Depends. The big oak had very stout limbs, and had a solid three point stance to the ground. Walking out as far as you dare and taking that first nip is the tricky part. A birds mouth undercut alleviates this somewhat.

After that dogging blocks off is a breeze.

2 of the main limbs are tangled in nearby trees... Kinda makes the butt pucker wondering how they'll react when cut... But I'll figure something out... I've dealt with uglier... :rock:

Latest posts

Back