Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if I can get this Stumpbroke?:p
9amemamy.jpg

Is that crazy contraption driven by a little friction wheel on the cutting blade?

Without a positive engagement with the drive shaft, I cannot imagine any scenario where that would work well enough to cut wood. I can see why it never got very popular.

What was it's intended purpose??? Any idea???:confused:

It was used just like a chain saw. McCulloch came out with their chainsaw and killed Barker's sales so Barker stopped producing these and started building chainsaws. Here's a 30" one in action at the Steam-O-Rama outside of Republic, MO. The one that I have is a 20". They said that it was a challenge to fell a tree since the blade was prone to pinching.

I wonder how may appendages these claimed? :msp_scared:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JFcU8O4sAFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was used just like a chain saw. McCulloch came out with their chainsaw and killed Barker's sales so Barker stopped producing these and started building chainsaws. Here's a 30" one in action at the Steam-O-Rama outside of Republic, MO. The one that I have is a 20". They said that it was a challenge to fell a tree since the blade was prone to pinching.

I wonder how may appendages these claimed? :msp_scared:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JFcU8O4sAFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

is that a 4-stroke? kinda, sorta sounds like one.

You know I have 5 trucks with 350 in them I don't hate them I just am no longer brand picky like when I was a kid. On that 460 ford rules the junk pile.

Fixed it for ya:msp_wink:

I chuckled...
:msp_biggrin:

I figured you would.....
Give me a minute to find my ladder so I can kick ya in the shin.:msp_w00t:

Latest posts

Back