Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1.

Hey cobey good to see some more members popping up in SEK! Where you located? I'm just about 15 miles north of Arma, just south of Fort Scott. I've been driving through Pittsburg everyday to get to a carving job I've been working on at Briarbrook Country club in Joplin. We're almost finished with it finally! Here's a couple of pics!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
Im really in franklin KS, btw nice work on the statue!!

+1.

Hey cobey good to see some more members popping up in SEK! Where you located? I'm just about 15 miles north of Arma, just south of Fort Scott. I've been driving through Pittsburg everyday to get to a carving job I've been working on at Briarbrook Country club in Joplin. We're almost finished with it finally! Here's a couple of pics!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
wow just wow thats neat!!

Ok so back to saw's and stuff. Anyone get any new one's or project saw's ? The only 2 AT saw's I haven't run yet are the 545/550 will anyone be bringing any?

Got a Husky 555 that's just over a week old. Got about 4 tankfuls of fuel through it so far. Sorry, no 545 or 550's in my arsenal.

Got a Husky 555 that's just over a week old. Got about 4 tankfuls of fuel through it so far. Sorry, no 545 or 550's in my arsenal.

In my opinion probably one of the most under rated saws on the market. Sweet saws so smooth and surprisingly strong. One of the best bang for your buck saws Husqvarna has.

Ok so back to saw's and stuff. Anyone get any new one's or project saw's ? The only 2 AT saw's I haven't run yet are the 545/550 will anyone be bringing any? Couple more saw's on my wanna try list are but not limited to : Stihl 201, I want one more stab at the 261, 441, Husqvarna 357 to say I have and I have a guilty pleasure for Dolmar/Makita stuff.

I've got a pretty hot 550 that I might let you put your hands on, no molesting though!

I still do both and I only have one forrester bar. Thats just me. That little hole in the bar is like a grease zirk. its there to be greased once in a while.

Yeah I grease too. Been doing it for over 30 years. Still got the original bar on my original saw. Used it this evening. Even if, as some say, it doesn't help it dang sure don't hurt. Plus old habits are pretty well ingrained by now. If I disturb my preparatory routine ill forget something else; like bar oil or mix or adjust the chain or starting. Just sayin

Yeah I grease too. Been doing it for over 30 years. Still got the original bar on my original saw. Used it this evening. Even if, as some say, it doesn't help it dang sure don't hurt. Plus old habits are pretty well ingrained by now. If I disturb my preparatory routine ill forget something else; like bar oil or mix or adjust the chain or starting. Just sayin

Yup... And any guy that mills will tell ya most of the bar oil is slung outward off the chain and never makes it to the "oilomatic" sprocket...
Just grease the damn thing....
:msp_mad:

Morning folks.19 days and counting.:)

16 by my count. But I like where you're going with this :biggrin: maybe in good spirit we should start a chainsaw Hanukkah. The first day of Hedgefest , the bearded wizard chainsaw dealer Amish guy gave to me......1 gallon of bar oil and some parts to a 350.

Latest posts

Back