Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the storms seemed to run out of steam around the Rogers area, so they were fairly tame when they came through my area, but I guess they regained some strength & wreaked some more havok up in Rolla MO. Weather here today was pretty nice, just a little windy.

OK I gotta try a pic to see if I still can do it. Hopefully it works.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Timber resources still being utilized.

Yesterday, WKEND LUMBRJAK invited me to join him out at his dad's place, where they are logging some large walnut trees. The loggers were not working, it being New Years Day, so we cut up and hauled out a good load from the tops they left. I didn't get any pics of the wood we cut, but it wa interesting to see the results of the logging process. I must say, a skidder is one heck of a machine.
166804d1293983235-walnut-logging14-jpg

166802d1293983163-walnut-logging08-jpg

166803d1293983194-walnut-logging10-jpg

166805d1293983307-walnut-logging16-jpg

They cut the stumps out like this, so the tree will grow back, and in 30 or so years, they can come back and do it again. The logging outfit is a family operation, in business for several generations.
166806d1293983332-walnut-logging21-jpg

View attachment 166804
View attachment 166802
View attachment 166803
View attachment 166805
View attachment 166806

Last edited:
Crazy stump. Never seen that before. Learn something new everyday. Thanks for posting pics Teach.:yourock:

Looks like it will be in driving distance for me again. Mapquest said approximately 3 hrs. I'll have to try to keep the dates open. Hey you got anything nice and easy to carve like a big ERCedar you could round up for me? Maybe I could will carve us up another GTG Souvenir! Hey Teach if you're coming down to this one be sure and bring the GTG sign or is it somewhere else already? Been to busy to keep up. Anyway looking forward to seeing you guys and meeting some others!

Last edited:
Looks like it will be in driving distance for me again. Mapquest said approximately 3 hrs. I'll have to try to keep the dates open. Hey you got anything nice and easy to carve like a big ERCedar you could round up for me? Maybe I could will carve us up another GTG Souvenir! Hey Teach if you're coming down to this one be sure and bring the GTG sign or is it somewhere else already? Been to busy to keep up. Anyway looking forward to seeing you guys and meeting some others!

I wound up with that sign Chef,gonna bring it for sure.We'll find someone else to pass it off to this year.

All the storms seemed to run out of steam around the Rogers area, so they were fairly tame when they came through my area, but I guess they regained some strength & wreaked some more havok up in Rolla MO. Weather here today was pretty nice, just a little windy.

come ripping through here bout 6am. major lightning and heavy rain and winds. funnel went just to the north of me. i'm on the south side of the mountain, it went north. sad about them folks in cincinnati though. just minding their own business and bam. glad all are well.

I'll send you some directions next time I have a couple to send. Hope you make it.

Latest posts

Back