Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No its not a heated handle. those are for wimps.:D:D:D:D:D:surprised3::surprised3::surprised3::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
47408c813400c9a38ac8da5c93ceeeca.jpg

set the "loose carb dolmar" up to run my .325 chains and bars I have laying around
it spit the clutch off three times... finally locktighted the clutch, the old saw is worn but will probably
still cut alot of wood before it dies

Thought you guys might like to see this. This was on a Lawnboy 2-stroke mower. From what I can tell, they ran it with straight gas, the crank bearings gave out and then the needle bearings made it through the transfers and then were driven through the top of the piston. I was like, "That's awesome!" Just wanted to share. The customer ended up buying a short block for the mower. Should be running strong by Monday.

Went and split some wood today, was already cut up, just needed splitting. Had 2 splitters running and got about 8 or 9 loads in 3 hours. Done by noon. 9 of us altogether. Had a good time.
On another note. Ed told me one of our clients, an elderly widow, passed away 2 days before Christmas. We (you guys) were able to keep her warm to the end. May her new existence be peaceful with green grass, tall strong trees and pretty flowers.
Thanks for all you do guys and gals.

On another note. Ed told me one of our clients, an elderly widow, passed away 2 days before Christmas. We (you guys) were able to keep her warm to the end. May her new existence be peaceful with green grass, tall strong trees and pretty flowers. Thanks for all you do guys and gals.

Amen to that....

Went and split some wood today, was already cut up, just needed splitting. Had 2 splitters running and got about 8 or 9 loads in 3 hours. Done by noon. 9 of us altogether. Had a good time.
On another note. Ed told me one of our clients, an elderly widow, passed away 2 days before Christmas. We (you guys) were able to keep her warm to the end. May her new existence be peaceful with green grass, tall strong trees and pretty flowers.
Touching story Steve. You all have touched many lives in a great way. God bless everyone who has donated their time and efforts for the unfortunate.

Have you gotten the wood that was dumped just back in the woods area from the last charity cut? Some of it needed split I think, don't remember how much was left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 029 is a good runner and cutter. Waiting on chain brake flag yet.
Got the 024 squared away with a brake flag.

Oh and, the hunt for the second car for Michael is back on. He went back smashing bags for Delta.

Missed a nice Toraus wagon this morning.

My parents have a 90 something Taurus wagon. VERY dependable. Great in mud to, me and my dad have each had one incident that got us in to pretty heavy mud, gotta love fwd. I had to dig out, but no tow. When my dad came home from his coyote trip, there was a fenderwell of mud with less than 2" clearance from the front tires. GMC Safari minivan was another good one. Keep it out of mud though. Back to my childhood and the duckhunting trips in the VW bus, now there's a rwd that can handle a surprising amount of mud. That engine over the drive wheels makes all the difference.

Do you try to find hardwoods in particular for your charity cuts? I've run across properties with a lot of wood down but oftentimes it's a heavy mixture of cottonwood and such. I'd like to get involved in the charity cut thing, even if only local. I definitely want to make one of you bigger charity cuts to meet you guys in MO.

Morning Mike and Crew.
Mike I sent you a PM last night. I think I have a backup plan, you want me to give you a call this AM?

Back