Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everyone.

Anybody seen that 52cc no name saw on OK cl for $600? :surprised3: Generic looking plastic, aluminum case.

No.

I did call the turd head with the Makita 64cc(?). He don't know the model number and rude to boot. Texted me a long tirade about doomsday prepers and to GFM.

Blocked that number.

I think it's in Broken Arrow. Came up when I searched chainsaw. I was searching Wichita area and it came up in nearby areas. Didn't see the Makita. There was a real nice Dollar 6400 for 400 here in town a couple weeks ago. He's a good seller, always puts his initials JS in the title. He's in Valley Center, a suburb of Wichita. He's fordfairlane on chainsawrepaircreateaforum. He's a Dolmar guy so if you're looking you could pm him from over there.

My house built in 1920 and I still have single pane windows!
My house may have been here during civil war, maps show the road going around where it sits now. Single pane windows that rattle when shut front door. No insulation in walls. When the wind blows and it is cool the house is cold.
Got some wood cut this morning it was pretty cold and really windy. Didn't get my sleep rearranged to a normal patter so ended up staying up all night and got done around 1030 now trying to take a nap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a great day to cut. Cold enough that I had to work to stay warm in a long sleeved shirt. Warm enough to make me sweat with a coat on. I love the 20s and 30s with light winds. I'd say no wind but this is Kansas.

My 440 catches in the cut sometimes, likes it's hitting wire or something. It's a safety chain with so much crap between the cutters that I don't know how it can cut. Actually though, it cuts really well. Anyway, not low rakers. I need to pull the bar and check the tip.

It was a great day to cut. Cold enough that I had to work to stay warm in a long sleeved shirt. Warm enough to make me sweat with a coat on. I love the 20s and 30s with light winds. I'd say no wind but this is Kansas.

My 440 catches in the cut sometimes, likes it's hitting wire or something. It's a safety chain with so much crap between the cutters that I don't know how it can cut. Actually though, it cuts really well. Anyway, not low rakers. I need to pull the bar and check the tip.

I was raised in Prairie Village, Ks. Don't let the name fool ya. Our house was 1 mile from the Missouri state line and Kansas City, Mo. Went to trade school in Salina, Ks. for 2 years and worked with a custom wheat crew during the summer between school years. Started in Oklahoma and took a bus home from Minot, North Dakota in August. I know all about the wind in Kansas. Only thing to stop the wind from Canada is a barb wire fence somewhere in Nebraska. :laugh:

I was raised in Prairie Village, Ks. Don't let the name fool ya. Our house was 1 mile from the Missouri state line and Kansas City, Mo. Went to trade school in Salina, Ks. for 2 years and worked with a custom wheat crew during the summer between school years. Started in Oklahoma and took a bus home from Minot, North Dakota in August. I know all about the wind in Kansas. Only thing to stop the wind from Canada is a barb wire fence somewhere in Nebraska. :laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dad's supposed to be getting the specs from him. He's wanting to build table of some sort so I guess he's looking for wider planks. I'll try to get the specs and see if I can't get to Matt's. He has some toys I'd like to try anyway and stuff, If'n he'd have me... LOL

Brought home this new saw from the dealer today. It will be for sale someday, after I use it to get an education on stratos and autotune............if I don't fall in love with it first, that is! Mike is gonna think I shoulda held out for a red one!

View attachment 403077
I got mine back from Terry the other day. I haven't had the chance to cut with it yet but I did get to run it today. It runs MUCH better high and low than before and idles too. I am a happy camper!!!

Brought home this new saw from the dealer today. It will be for sale someday, after I use it to get an education on stratos and autotune............if I don't fall in love with it first, that is! Mike is gonna think I shoulda held out for a red one!

View attachment 403077
Yes, red is sexier, and remember, less is more on strato at's.... Right Matt?
1ca20f97355d39a7c3e7af8de937060f.jpg

View attachment 403077
oh wow!!!!!!!!! from mac's to a 562xp.... in one year :)

Dad's supposed to be getting the specs from him. He's wanting to build table of some sort so I guess he's looking for wider planks. I'll try to get the specs and see if I can't get to Matt's. He has some toys I'd like to try anyway and stuff, If'n he'd have me... LOL
Swing by whenever..
Just gimme a shout so I can be here!

Back