Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please describe this flocking material you reference. how to get it? etc.
how long you been using the filters since repairing? how they doin?
as per normal, pix or it didn't happen

Go to www.flockit.com. in essence it's similar to felt, like you'd by in a hobby store, only ground up real fine. It comes with a brush on glue, but that won't work on a filter. I used a spray contact adhesive like from permetex or 3m. Did it about 5 or 6 years ago on a 10-10. Not sure if I still have that saw, it was part of the big trade with diggers_dad. I later got about half of those back. Ill have to do some digging to see if I have it still.

So this morning I was out cutting down some dead trees in the woods and cutting it up for firewood. But what happened next I honestly can't remember cause I woke up in the hospital with 11 staples in my head and a horrible headache. Apparently part of the treetop had broke and came back down on me as I was making my last cut to drop. In 30 plus years of getting wood I've never had anything like this happen to me. Now I can say I have. We can never be too safe out there. God was definitely looking over me today. I know he always does.

So this morning I was out cutting down some dead trees in the woods and cutting it up for firewood. But what happened next I honestly can't remember cause I woke up in the hospital with 11 staples in my head and a horrible headache. Apparently part of the treetop had broke and came back down on me as I was making my last cut to drop. In 30 plus years of getting wood I've never had anything like this happen to me. Now I can say I have. We can never be too safe out there. God was definitely looking over me today. I know he always does.

Man, that's awful. Do you need some help getting firewood? I can come over next Saturday. You're not that far from me.

Dead trees have dead limbs.. = widow makers... You are correct.. The Lord was looking out for you today. Your wife is not a widow... All the PPE in the world won't keep a limb from falling out.. Always look up.. Sure am glad all ya got was stitches Ken!!!

Absolutely, Praises to God that you are ok. We were out felling some big oaks this afternoon for a client when Darick had a 36" dbh white oak barber chair on him. Thankfully he wasn't using the standard back cut method or it would have been much much worse not to mention much more dangerous for him. Hard hats are a must while felling boys!!!! Especially dead trees. They don't call them widowmakers for nothing.........

A couple pics of our pile from today and where we scouted yesterday! One of the most beautiful place in bourbon county. That bluff is about 50' from the creek below with a nice cedar forest perched on the top of it...
6ee4a65eb3bf0f99c9a00c37040e4b91.jpg
30e05d07a5662ed55417a24f06a24aa9.jpg
be9ea90e67a52c95807abb039137568a.jpg
974486fe215b184d24d38e106f63a4de.jpg
0ac1b147fa6b302dfedc22a7f2b72bb4.jpg

PTL you are ok. Were you by yourself?

Glad you're ok.

Latest posts

Back