Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PTL you are ok. Were you by yourself?
Yes I was. I use that time for not only cutting wood but a time for God and I to conversate. My family has stated I can no longer go it alone anymore as I must have laid in the woods for 45 minutes to an hour before I had called anyone. I don't remember driving my truck back to my parents house or anything after that until I was lying on that hospital bed in the emergency room. I know God had me all the way and if not for him I would never have been able to survive it. I give Him all the praise and glory.

Yes I was. I use that time for not only cutting wood but a time for God and I to conversate. My family has stated I can no longer go it alone anymore as I must have laid in the woods for 45 minutes to an hour before I had called anyone. I don't remember driving my truck back to my parents house or anything after that until I was lying on that hospital bed in the emergency room. I know God had me all the way and if not for him I would never have been able to survive it. I give Him all the praise and glory.

That is amazing. Glad you are going to be ok. You know there are a lot of us around. Next time you want to go cut wood (and converse with the Creator) post a message here; and, maybe one of us can be your cutting buddy for a day. I don't talk much anyway so I won't interfere in your quiet time. I cut by myself a lot too and you have got me thinking harder about it. I don't know have any friends around here that like to cut wood on a regular basis. I have one that likes to go occasionally. We are supposed to cut on Monday, weather permitting.

Anybody else here cut alone on a regular basis?

one of the young uns that tagged along with me to hedgefest this fall has started a pretty steady post business over the winter. He has sent out many of his friend's to cut solo while he is in class at the local juco. recently i had a convo about this very type of scenerio happening because my SIL has started cutting for him as well and I told him it was not a wise thing to have anyone flying solo for the cost-benefit ratio is simply not worth it. so i have found myself filling in to be the partner cutter to help keep his cutting steady. He will be setting down to read this story for a reminder! So many people don't realize how important it is to have a partner for those what if moments. It is simply a miracle that you made it out of the woods that day and i rejoice with the angels that were watching over you that the Lord had other plans for you. A local teacher, a few years back, went on a wood cutting trip solo, but never returned home from the trip. he had a spring pole pierce him in the chest as he cut the tension side first, and the results were not good. Always strive to be safe gentleman, learn as much as you can for there is always something more to learn about cutting trees safely no matter how experienced you are, and don't go at it alone! As stated above there is always someone around that might like to tag along t cut with you and post it up here if nothing else who knows there is nothing better than a little impromtu GTG! Be blessed!

one of the young uns that tagged along with me to hedgefest this fall has started a pretty steady post business over the winter. He has sent out many of his friend's to cut solo while he is in class at the local juco. recently i had a convo about this very type of scenerio happening because my SIL has started cutting for him as well and I told him it was not a wise thing to have anyone flying solo for the cost-benefit ratio is simply not worth it. so i have found myself filling in to be the partner cutter to help keep his cutting steady. He will be setting down to read this story for a reminder! So many people don't realize how important it is to have a partner for those what if moments. It is simply a miracle that you made it out of the woods that day and i rejoice with the angels that were watching over you that the Lord had other plans for you. A local teacher, a few years back, went on a wood cutting trip solo, but never returned home from the trip. he had a spring pole pierce him in the chest as he cut the tension side first, and the results were not good. Always strive to be safe gentleman, learn as much as you can for there is always something more to learn about cutting trees safely no matter how experienced you are, and don't go at it alone! As stated above there is always someone around that might like to tag along t cut with you and post it up here if nothing else who knows there is nothing better than a little impromtu GTG! Be blessed!

Very well said...

Good morning Fella's,
I always try to cut with someone else. I drag them along willing or unwilling.
Also I wear my hardhat a lot, but then again I get made fun of a lot for all the PPE I wear.

I am the PPE nerd....chaps, hard hat with face shield and ear muffs, safety glasses, chainsaw boots, gloves with kevlar (sometimes). I would probably wear an Ironman suit if I could.

That is amazing. Glad you are going to be ok. You know there are a lot of us around. Next time you want to go cut wood (and converse with the Creator) post a message here; and, maybe one of us can be your cutting buddy for a day. I don't talk much anyway so I won't interfere in your quiet time. I cut by myself a lot too and you have got me thinking harder about it. I don't know have any friends around here that like to cut wood on a regular basis. I have one that likes to go occasionally. We are supposed to cut on Monday, weather permitting.

I do.. But I don't let Levi..

I cut by myself all the time. Don't want to sound like a tough guy but when GOD says it time to come home don't matter how many people you have around. JMO

I cut by myself all the time. Don't want to sound like a tough guy but when GOD says it time to come home don't matter how many people you have around. JMO

I agree Kenneth. I told my wife if I die in the woods to know I died doing what I love to do. I am more afraid of losing my mind and ending up in a nursing home. With that said, I have young sons to raise, so I do want to be there for them. In fact, one of them just got out of bed and gave me a big hug.

Glad you're ok Ken. Could've been worse. After 20 years of cutting I just recently bought Stihl hat with ear buffs and face shield.

I cut on a regular basis. I cut about 20 minutes south and a little west of Wichita. I have another spot in Benton KS. I cut alone but I know it's not smart.

I like my time in the woods and welcome anyone that's relatively close. I'll drive a hour or so to cut with someone else.

Back