Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are having a graduation party today for Madison. So, I tried to mow my soaking wet yard yesterday between raining. Not the brightest idea but I got it done. The ground was soft and you know what happens when the blade gets to low and catches some dirt....you make those little dirt donuts in the yard. On top of that, the blades, which are thin as paper these days get bent if they grab too much dirt. Bent blades grab more dirt, and make more dirt donuts in the yard, and mow uneven. After several dirt donuts, uneven mowing of grass, getting rained on, and a small cussing storm (by me) I changed the bent blade and got it finished.....all for the sake of my daughter's party. Why do we torture ourselves for such things? Or am I the only idiot who does such things?

Oh, we spent the last week getting the pool ready, which is almost overflowing with water now thanks to the rain and freezing cold; and, it is going to rain all day so nobody is going to swim.

I know these things are petty in the big scheme of things, my life is still blessed way more than I deserve, and many are suffering much much much more than I. Carry on everybody. Welcome back Eric.

Soggy here.... that's all. Took a 14 year old for a quick driving lesson yesterday,
He managed to do a 180, on dry asphalt, with a pair of heads and other stuff in the trunk, on a rolling start, I forgot how much bottom end that olds had.
It's been a while since I was that unnerved. I have rode with ALOT of young
Drivers, but this one made me the most nervous.... the lesson ended after a couple miles, the rain came down and I was glad he wasn't driving :p

a1025599756ca0b4168412eed62e5101.jpg
Done a Lil splitting today..... I need a faster pump....

We are having a graduation party today for Madison. So, I tried to mow my soaking wet yard yesterday between raining. Not the brightest idea but I got it done. The ground was soft and you know what happens when the blade gets to low and catches some dirt....you make those little dirt donuts in the yard. On top of that, the blades, which are thin as paper these days get bent if they grab too much dirt. Bent blades grab more dirt, and make more dirt donuts in the yard, and mow uneven. After several dirt donuts, uneven mowing of grass, getting rained on, and a small cussing storm (by me) I changed the bent blade and got it finished.....all for the sake of my daughter's party. Why do we torture ourselves for such things? Or am I the only idiot who does such things?

Oh, we spent the last week getting the pool ready, which is almost overflowing with water now thanks to the rain and freezing cold; and, it is going to rain all day so nobody is going to swim.

I know these things are petty in the big scheme of things, my life is still blessed way more than I deserve, and many are suffering much much much more than I. Carry on everybody. Welcome back Eric.
"Dirt Donuts!" That will be my fraise of the day tomorrow.
Funny sounding

Latest posts

Back