Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

That poor bull had enough of my poking, gave a snort, shifted into overdrive and occupied my space. I only made two miscalculations: One, I can't move as fast as I once could. Two, he can move faster than I thought he could.

When I was young, I was helping our neighbors move a herd to another pasture and had a big calf head my way. I started grunting and waving my arms to get him back into the herd. He got closer and closer and then I heard my neighbor yell "he's blind!!" as he hit me in full stride and rolled me across the pasture. Next time he asked for help, my first question was if any of them were blind before I started.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Burn 'em, Carl.
I get steamed at CL ads.
Saw one last night for a Ford Maverick.
Great condition, excellent running 300 six cylinder engine. Mavericks never came with that engine. 200 or 250.
Typo? Possibly. But I think not, more likely an idiot!
He don't take returns so I nuked him.

Geezers like nothing better than to stir up **** anyway.[emoji56]

They pretty quick for being a ton eh?

Dan must not watch PBR. There is a reason they have names like--Asteroid, Air Time, Bruiser, Brutus, Sucker Punch, Walk Off, Crossfire, Crooked Face (not his, yours), Wicked, Bottle Rocket, American Sniper, Wolverine, Funeral Wagon, and Bodacious.

When I was young, I was helping our neighbors move a herd to another pasture and had a big calf head my way. I started grunting and waving my arms to get him back into the herd. He got closer and closer and then I heard my neighbor yell "he's blind!!" as he hit me in full stride and rolled me across the pasture. Next time he asked for help, my first question was if any of them were blind before I started.

Sent from my SM-N910V

I deducted he was blind in one eye, and nearly so in the other in the first few minutes. We'd hung out for about 30 minutes, enlarging the crowd before he got re-agitated and stood me up. You are correct on the blindness. Unpredictable.

Me, on the other hand,

Predictable......

I may have to burn down another evilbay seller.

100psi is "good compression"? I didn't think so.
As long as it's not a Wright C-70.

3a6285ddc9aa1f29a1b5d0e1a14cea07.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

As long as it's not a Wright C-70.

3a6285ddc9aa1f29a1b5d0e1a14cea07.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V
I think most of the OLD saws followed the car companies reasoning of "No replacement for displacement" theory. If they wanted a more powerful saw, they made a bigger engine. Most from back in the day had 80-120 compression. I think it took the Kart guys to really make the power and rpm's come out of those engines.

Baileys has the NWP cylinder kit for the 61 272 conv. at the same price as the Hyway kit. which is better? Steve SS what did they tell you to use on the honeysuckle?It is taking over here. A few years ago I had to change bulls.My father in law and I were going to take him to the sale.Backed the trailer to the pen.I asked FIL how are we going to get him in the trailer he said we cant make him go in .If he wants to go in he will,if not he wont,Opened the gate he walked right in.Some times you get luckey.

Steve SS what did they tell you to use on the honeysuckle?It is taking over here.

For the bush honeysuckle he recommended Crossbow mixed with Diesel at a rate 20:80 and spray the bottom 12-15 inches of the bark/branches where they come out of the ground. Full coverage around the branches and they should die within two weeks, when you can cut them flush and burn.

For the vine type honey suckle he recommended waiting until after the leaves fall off the trees, but before the honeysuckle goes dormant, spraying with glyphosate (Roundup). Glyphosate is nonselective, so you have to time it right to where it won't kill the trees that the vines are growing on.

Morning guys.

Latest posts

Back