Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the thoughts.
I've had dogs all my life, since I was a kid. Not for working, just as pets/friends. I can't imagine my life without them. While I want them around, I still have Harley, Holly and Baby Girl, all Chihuahuas, it's still still hard when they pass on.
I hope, when it's my turn, that they are all waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge.

Stinky bugs ,worms , or ??????? Ate my sweet tators
There was black and brown fuzzy caterpillars in the dirt
I got about two little gallon buckets...... kinda poopy
I gave all the scrap weeds and vines to the goat
I still got to clean up about a 100 x 100 patch of dying cucumbers and vines

We've got 4 buried at the back fence line.
Two cats aged 15 yrs and 17 yrs.
A dog aged 15 yrs.
And a rabbit aged 13 yrs.
Now we have no animals for the first time ever and that was the plan after the last one passed.

A rabbit 15 years! That's a long time for a rabbit.

We had Digger Dog for eleven. Black Dutch mix.

Ever have a rabbit wash your face or trim your eyebrows with his teeth? Digger thought I was his doe. Sprayed my pant legs every chance he got.

We had a wild rabbit that got real tame. When I would feed the chickens he would come right up to me.I could never touch him ,but within a foot,He got a big sore above his eye,that finely went away .Then his back legs started giving him trouble,kept getting worse .The last night I saw him he was dragging his back legs.I reckon a owl or hawk got him.All the rabbits around here and he had to be the one to get sick.

We had a wild rabbit that got real tame. When I would feed the chickens he would come right up to me.I could never touch him ,but within a foot,He got a big sore above his eye,that finely went away .Then his back legs started giving him trouble,kept getting worse .The last night I saw him he was dragging his back legs.I reckon a owl or hawk got him.All the rabbits around here and he had to be the one to get sick.

That is a common ailment for both wild hares and domestic rabbits. We had a tiny brown Dutch doe who we had to put down. A common Protozoa in their kidneys sometimes travels to their brain and attacks it. Toward the end I was holding her up so she could eat and drink. Heartbreaking.

Miss you Dutch Baby.[emoji22]

Thanks to AWOL, I think I've got a new vintage racer. Woke the neighbors this morning. :)

56249634223b06ae8b18bd96d4b0c11f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V
6928a78fb97b8b389a09c5a0e7d1d0d4.jpg

Back