Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are we talking about?
Trout fishing on Lake Taneycomo, just below Tablerock Dam. Trout love that cold water coming from the bottom of the lake.
I've camped Roaring River lots. Love to watch the fly fishers. Only problem with Roaring River is the trout ar'nt very big. Stocked nightly from the hatchery.

Just heard from Ed. He's been applying for grant money for Hearts to Hearth. He wants to buy equipment to use. One grant came through. $850.00. Time to go shopping.
I know some might be thinking, "What equipment ? We have everything he needs". I think what he is trying to do is have stuff for local volunteers to use in between charity cuts.
Too bad it wasn't enough to buy 500 acres of forest somewhere. Still haven't heard from the Ozark site yet. Don't know if they are ready or not. Other than that, we don't have anyplace to cut yet.

Just heard from Ed. He's been applying for grant money for Hearts to Hearth. He wants to buy equipment to use. One grant came through. $850.00. Time to go shopping.
I know some might be thinking, "What equipment ? We have everything he needs". I think what he is trying to do is have stuff for local volunteers to use in between charity cuts.
Too bad it wasn't enough to buy 500 acres of forest somewhere. Still haven't heard from the Ozark site yet. Don't know if they are ready or not. Other than that, we don't have anyplace to cut yet.
I'm slowly amassing a log pile over at the local pastor's place that will need to be worked over sometime this winter./Late fall.
He's given away almost all the stuff we split and shoved up in his barn a while back. I should get ahold of John when the time comes and see if I can borrow the bucking trailer.

Evening folks. Getting some rain in mid-MO tonight. Got a couple chains sharpened today for my next trip to the woods. Did the little Dolmar, the big Makita, and the 441. Will work on small Stihl chains tomorrow hopefully.

My Dachshund, Kilo (the one we've had since a pup), is having some health problems. Was limping around last Friday, and woke up Saturday morning unable to move his whole aft end. Vet says calcified disks in his spine are cutting off messages from his brain to his spinal chord. They put him on prednisone, but so far no improvements after 5 days. Thankfully I don't ride a desk, and my job allows me to be at the ready and on call as long as I have my phone with me. Makes it easy to stay close by and help him get in and out to get his business done. Sure hope the little dude gets better. He's only seven years old. Follow up vet visit on Saturday morning.

Evening folks. Getting some rain in mid-MO tonight. Got a couple chains sharpened today for my next trip to the woods. Did the little Dolmar, the big Makita, and the 441. Will work on small Stihl chains tomorrow hopefully.

My Dachshund, Kilo (the one we've had since a pup), is having some health problems. Was limping around last Friday, and woke up Saturday morning unable to move his whole aft end. Vet says calcified disks in his spine are cutting off messages from his brain to his spinal chord. They put him on prednisone, but so far no improvements after 5 days. Thankfully I don't ride a desk, and my job allows me to be at the ready and on call as long as I have my phone with me. Makes it easy to stay close by and help him get in and out to get his business done. Sure hope the little dude gets better. He's only seven years old. Follow up vet visit on Saturday morning.
I hope he gets better, I have two little dogs that are getting old, and hate
It when they are sick

Hahaha, long bar lessons of the cruelest sort! Ya know, some of us run them long bars on old saws that never even had a chainbrake. And yup, I've had that particular lesson already!

Back