Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna 50 hit the porch. Saw & case in huge Toro 'Power Shovel' box. Fuel and oil still on board! Yikes!

Got it to run and adjusted carb without the air filter. But, when I put AF in place, loads up and floods out. The plastic has taken a permanent set because the saw was stored with the choke slide up.

With a squirt of WD-40, pumps 170.[emoji848]
Pumps 160 after cutting a cookie.

Real puzzle is, the air filter is squeaky clean but chokes down the saw. Runs great without it.[emoji849]

Plenty of room at the choke bump.[emoji57]
Is it the flocked one or the fine nylon mesh? I had a homie 50 doing that tonight and it had the fine mesh type that didn't appear that dirty until I hit it with the carb cleaner. I bet it was only pulling half of the air it should have. Runs perfect now

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

854cfaf7916247e3bda1181459626349.jpg
Alan and a comment at the charity cut at Doug's....

Is it the flocked one or the fine nylon mesh? I had a homie 50 doing that tonight and it had the fine mesh type that didn't appear that dirty until I hit it with the carb cleaner. I bet it was only pulling half of the air it should have. Runs perfect now

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk
Fine nylon mesh. It looked clean but I scrubbed it with Simple Green and a tooth brush anyway.
Try it out tomorrow morning.

Morning all you saw tweakers! had to get up and light the rocket stove -pellet insert I just got done fabricating the other day. Man those pellets burn steady and hot in this thing......need to find a way to make me a press to recycle some negative material from my carvings (sawdust) :D them little bugars are expensive if ya burned em all day! ouch! Thats whats cool about these rocket stoves is that you can burn literally any type of biomass in them that you can scrounge up. makes quick work of my negative chunks from carvings and cookies busted into pieces so they fit in the feed tube.:clap:I smell the coffee:dancing:off to carve some more Christmas presents. Its Carve or Starve for me boys!

Oh and before I forget....Welcome to the club Sparky! What town did you sasy that you lived in BTW? I live a few miles South of Fort Scott. Cobey and I are practically neighbors. A stone throw from the Missouri Line I am! Never met a saw I didnt like for one reason or another. Collect them all for parts! The ones that start are the ones that I run.... I do chainsaw carvings, rustic log furniture, build small cabins/playhouses/treehouses etc, have a small bandsaw mill and a staionary rail mil powered by a ported 066 that i use primarily for slabbing and beam making. Oh yeah and work on small engines in my spare time including lots of saws... Nice to meet ya!

Latest posts

Back