Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was trying to do a little work on some slab benches for my daughter's new kitchen table and found a whole new repect for my angle grinder. Had to have Malia take me in a little trip to the ER. I had just put a new 80 grit wheel on and it grabbed my right pant leg and bit me pretty good. Got 5 nice stitches but it just nicked the muscle so I didn't have to get any internal praise God for that!
f0bf3407bc4fbb94c75a9c420e2fb035.jpg
I realize that I have become complacent with this dangerous little thing. It tore me up worse than when my saw nicked my left leg a few years back. It happens sooo fast Be careful out there boys!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I got a couple things..... $25 HD card
A small socket set
Nothing as good as the church's presents to me and my wife Wednesday
I fell on the cement steps on my sister in laws house
Today got beat up some messed up the back of my left hand and
Elbow my right knee, bruised my ribs and pulled my back.
Walgreens was open so I was able to fix my hand and keep from making
A big mess ........ I'm gonna be sore tomorrow! Thankful I missed my
Face and head

Well I was trying to do a little work on some slab benches for my daughter's new kitchen table and found a whole new repect for my angle grinder. Had to have Malia take me in a little trip to the ER. I had just put a new 80 grit wheel on and it grabbed my right pant leg and bit me pretty good. Got 5 nice stitches but it just nicked the muscle so I didn't have to get any internal praise God for that!
f0bf3407bc4fbb94c75a9c420e2fb035.jpg
I realize that I have become complacent with this dangerous little thing. It tore me up worse than when my saw nicked my left leg a few years back. It happens sooo fast Be careful out there boys!

Wow we had a tough day Chad!!!!!

Goldie got me a Fiskars X27 splitting axe and a pair of tongs for picking up rounds.
Daughter got me a pull over head/face cover to stay warm in the woods.
Oldest son got me a Lowe's gift card.
Youngest son really surprised me. Almost cried. Opened up his present to me and saw a Snap-On tool bag. Underneath it was a cordless 3/8 impact, a cordless 3/8 ratchet and a flashlight. Really got to me.
Last Sunday my daughter and husband, youngest son and I put up a drywall ceiling in 1/2 of the shop, finished up the other half yesterday. Then my son started in on installing new lighting. LED light strips. I'd never seen the stuff before and was skeptical. He bought 10 light strips, 16 feet long, 24 watts/strip and a 300 watt power supply. He's got 4 strips up right now and the lighting is good. Waiting on the rest to come in. Should be really bright when he's done.

I got cologne, body wash, new lumberjack flannel, and a 1lb snickers bar with a date night coupon attached! I think the girls like theirs tho.
74bad43145c53eee8a652736ae9d0c13.jpg
2a370ebe99e195b6153d4b8f12094a34.jpg
c5c0b5bad2c6a2091eed361ed9092928.jpg

I also tried my first rack of ribs. Not too bad but needed to be on longer.
ce4591715bfb3509c3212d353fcdd4d2.jpg
a2ddb1cb0e4c7e9553cdc7de9359fff2.jpg
019b9d832aa583ee505eb024bf6886ef.jpg
Looking good on those ribs brother. I had a huge smoker At one of the brewpubs I managed back in the 90's. I made a homade rub for the ribs and brisket. We would put over 100# of beef on that thing at a time. We would smoke for at least 6-8 hours but it seemed like the finishing touch for tenderness was to throw them in the convection oven covered for about another 1-2 hrs. They would be perfect pull off the bone tender after a quick trip on the broiler and homade sauce. ..... Dang now I'm hungry.

Morning guys. Looks like Christmas was very good to everyone.

I got a new set of ratchet straps to keep in the truck, a couple gift cards, some Christmas decorations for the house, and my Mom made Mona and I each a quilt. Washington Redskins themed for Mona, and SF 49ers themed for me. They turned out super cool. Definitely the best gift of the day.

Going for Christmas at Dad's house today @ 1400.

Hope everyone stays dry today.

Back