Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my wife missed the door on the wood stove today at full throwing speed.... Got between the wood and the door ring.. Popped the nail and crushed the Lil bone in the end if her left ring finger..
50b16d26608d2361704e4050ef27dea9.jpg

This burning wood is hazardous!
Ouch! That hurts to look at, prayers for quick healing

O man that hurts I know it hurts.If it has pressure under the nail drill a hole threw it,that will let off the pressure.Been trying to get caught up on my splitting,but cut up a nice cherry yesterday.About two loads just guessing,Sawnami I have a set just like that wasn't sure what it was for I thought maybe a buzz saw.

Well my wife missed the door on the wood stove today at full throwing speed.... Got between the wood and the door ring.. Popped the nail and crushed the Lil bone in the end if her left ring finger..

Ouch !!!!
I'll bet that was a Yosemite Sam moment.

Watch that. My little sis had hers @4y jammed I in a old fire door big heavy lead thing and has no nail and a really sensitive stub 140km/h + in a VW van to emergency from little country town with Subaru liberty/legacy boxer

Youch!! Like old cookie said, you might wanna drill that to let off some pressure if you haven't already. Small drill bit twisted just with your fingers to let the blood out. I had a toe like that a couple years ago. Sucks!

The thought of drilling a hole in that finger nail, without anesthesia, makes me want to puke. I am a wuss when it comes to these things; makes me nauseous just looking. I would want to be knocked out before the drilling began.
I've don it with a red hot needle. Not that bad.

Youch!! Like old cookie said, you might wanna drill that to let off some pressure if you haven't already. Small drill bit twisted just with your fingers to let the blood out. I had a toe like that a couple years ago. Sucks!

lol! You guys are just a terrible bunch of quacks. Ice it down if the pressure is getting to be an issue. Then benzocaine the toe if it gets to be "itchy". Nail growth should carry away the blood over time. If you drill or burn a hole in the nail you risk getting an infection in a very out of the way and hard to treat place. Worst case you drill right into a nerve and your victim blacks right out after an intense spike of pain. If it doesn't get infected with something that generates puss and rips up the nail bed, you may simply get a fungus that turns the nail crumbly and black, and messes up the nail bed.

Men can probably get away with quack medicine like drilling holes in nails, because the body chemistry is more acidic, and the immune system is considerably more aggressive(the tradeoff is losing about 8-15 years of lifespan), and nobody really cares if you end up with a set of mangled up, fungusy looking nails either. ;P

I have to agree with Thomas.
Drill a hole in my finger nail? You'd have to put me under.
Did the same thing, same finger, with my hydraulic splitter a couple years back.

I have to agree with Thomas.
Drill a hole in my finger nail? You'd have to put me under.
Did the same thing, same finger, with my hydraulic splitter a couple years back.

I smashed mine too, bad enough to eventually lose the nail (not as bad as Mike's wife), but managed to finish splitting the rest of the day. The thought of somebody touching it that night or the next day was not an option.

Latest posts

Back