Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On second thought, maybe not. All the math, trig and drawing hurts my head and that's why I retired.

Morning midlanders!

After first break, which would be about 15 minutes into class, we could just drink coffee, BS, cut wood, split wood, eat lunch, maybe a little racin', more BS'n and cuttin', then all go home. Sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks Kenneth.
Can anybody recommend a size of cylinder?

3" bore should do fine. 1.25 shaft. Stroke depends on your setup. Normal is 8 to 12 inches.

The 9-7414 at surplus center should handle anything you have. How many gpm is your pump. Motor size? Hose size? NPT or SAE JIC ORB fittings

3" bore should do fine. 1.25 shaft. Stroke depends on your setup. Normal is 8 to 12 inches.

The 9-7414 at surplus center should handle anything you have. How many gpm is your pump. Motor size? Hose size? NPT or SAE JIC ORB fittings

16 gpm pump size. Looking to change the engine from 7 to 10 hp. 1/2 inch hose size. NPT hose fittings. I need to put something in on the hoses so I can take things apart easier. Everything is pipe thread connections.

16 gpm pump size. Looking to change the engine from 7 to 10 hp. 1/2 inch hose size. NPT hose fittings. I need to put something in on the hoses so I can take things apart easier. Everything is pipe thread connections.
Don't forget to orfice the lift down so you don't have a catapult.

With 1/2" hoses, I don't think you'll gain anything going with a 10HP motor, other than use more gas.
Just a hunch..
;)

With 1/2" hoses, I don't think you'll gain anything going with a 10HP motor, other than use more gas.
Just a hunch..
;)
Yep. This why I'm asking the questions.
Since it's got to be disassembled to repair it, I want to put it back together a little better.
Those of you who haven't seen it. It definately home made. The trailer used to be an old hiway sign trailer. The hydraulic tank was the trailer's fuel tank. It has no hydraulic filter system at all. The harbor freight engine still runs good but shook so bad it shook the muffler off. Welded on another muffler that works, but I have to put a can over it to keep rain out of the engine. It shook so bad it cracked the block. Fixed that with SealAll. And made rubber motor mounts out of old shock absorber bushings to get rid of the engine shake.
So far, least expensive control valve I've found is $130. Hyd cyl is about $80. I don't know if I'll be able to ad the lift or not.
At the least, I want to put a proper hydro tank on it and filter/filters.

During our charity cut you might want to pick through my scrap bin of stuff I took off my mower. Small hydro cylinders, hydro filters, Lots of hoses. Might need to put a new end on some of the hoses to match your stuff or get a matching adapter.
Thanks Doug. That would help out a bunch.

Back